Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes rogue in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2018
Fans of serious cinema do not give a rat’s left bum cheek about “Predator,” in any incarnation. With good reason. The hilariously arch original produced two delusionally macho and feckless governors, and a slew of Godawful sequels. A new reboot? … Continue reading
“Whiplash” and “La La Land” director Damien Chazelle’s take on the intensely private, brave and astrophysicist-smart First Man on the Moon promises something more than nostalgia for the age when America was Truly Great. When we did Great Things, took … Continue reading
All those Clooney, Pitt, Damon et al “Oceans 11” remakes. And all it took to best their best opening weekend was Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett and Rihanna — and Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina and Sarah Paulson. … Continue reading