Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2018
Fans of serious cinema do not give a rat’s left bum cheek about “Predator,” in any incarnation. With good reason. The hilariously arch original produced two delusionally macho and feckless governors, and a slew of Godawful sequels. A new reboot? … Continue reading
“Whiplash” and “La La Land” director Damien Chazelle’s take on the intensely private, brave and astrophysicist-smart First Man on the Moon promises something more than nostalgia for the age when America was Truly Great. When we did Great Things, took … Continue reading
All those Clooney, Pitt, Damon et al “Oceans 11” remakes. And all it took to best their best opening weekend was Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett and Rihanna — and Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina and Sarah Paulson. … Continue reading