Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2018
Fans of serious cinema do not give a rat’s left bum cheek about “Predator,” in any incarnation. With good reason. The hilariously arch original produced two delusionally macho and feckless governors, and a slew of Godawful sequels. A new reboot? … Continue reading
“Whiplash” and “La La Land” director Damien Chazelle’s take on the intensely private, brave and astrophysicist-smart First Man on the Moon promises something more than nostalgia for the age when America was Truly Great. When we did Great Things, took … Continue reading
All those Clooney, Pitt, Damon et al “Oceans 11” remakes. And all it took to best their best opening weekend was Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett and Rihanna — and Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina and Sarah Paulson. … Continue reading