Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2018
Fans of serious cinema do not give a rat’s left bum cheek about “Predator,” in any incarnation. With good reason. The hilariously arch original produced two delusionally macho and feckless governors, and a slew of Godawful sequels. A new reboot? … Continue reading
“Whiplash” and “La La Land” director Damien Chazelle’s take on the intensely private, brave and astrophysicist-smart First Man on the Moon promises something more than nostalgia for the age when America was Truly Great. When we did Great Things, took … Continue reading
All those Clooney, Pitt, Damon et al “Oceans 11” remakes. And all it took to best their best opening weekend was Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett and Rihanna — and Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina and Sarah Paulson. … Continue reading