Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2018
Photographer, writer, sketch-artist, production designer, charter member of the “Bright Young Things” and a “dandy” is the most pointed sense of the word, Cecil Beaton lived and worked and cut a wide and gorgeous swath across 20th century high culture … Continue reading
I don’t know about this title. “It Will Be Chaos” suggests some calamity that is coming, parked in the future tense. From the images we see and the stories the Italian filmmakers follow in this new migration crisis documentary from … Continue reading
Well, the year’s half-gone, let’s see where we stand with the movies of 2018. Sure, the box office has been boosted by one comic book blockbuster following another. “Black Panther” was a cultural phenomenon, “Avengers: Infinity War” sucked up all … Continue reading
I can’t find a point to this upcoming film about…well, that’s what I cannot figure out. Yes, we love our dogs and yes, they can bring people together. I guess it answers the question, “Whatever happened to Vanessa Hudgens?” Tig … Continue reading