Top Posts & Pages
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
- Netflixable? Scenic Spanish drama "The Skin of the Wolf" tests woman against mountain man
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 24, 2018
Monique is a mess. We get an earful of that the moment we meet her. Her clothes are being hurled out a window and the profanity comes fast and furious — from her, a wiry, raging teen with dyed coppery … Continue reading
Preview, Indie Cinema parks Olivia Cooke in “rural America” for the waitress with Dreams drama “Katie Says Goodbye”
Olivia Cooke has a star vehicle that doesn’t involve a deadly illness or horror in “Katie Says Goodbye,” which parks her in the middle of nowhere with a brutish (but sensitive) mechanic beau (Christopher Abbott), and Oscar winner Mary Steenburgen … Continue reading
Preview, “Rosy” is an erotic kidnapping thriller with Stacy Martin, Nat Wolff, Johnny Knoxville and Tony Shalhoub
This one looks all kinds of wrong, way out of #MetToo step. Stacy Martin plays the aspiring actress who gets around among the sugar daddies (Knoxville, Shalhoub?), kidnapped by an InCel who just wants her to get to know him. … Continue reading
In the academic world I traveled through in the ’80s, the teachers and philosophers (children of the ’50s and ’60s) had taken to calling him “Bucky.” Buckminster Fuller, the futurist who set his mind to practical, sustainable (in so far … Continue reading
She waited long enough, living a life which she regards as “so much wasted time.” That’s what prompted Old Age Pensioner “Edie” to slip out and have an adventure. She’d climb a mountain. Not Everest of the Matterhorn, just one … Continue reading