Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Documentary Review -- "Skin: A History of Nudity in the Movies"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2018
All this “Conjuring/Annabelle universe” stuff. Warner Brothers getting deeper into that Lionsgate/Screen Gems/Summit/Blumhouse horror money is more what this is about. What we’ve got here is your basic haunted convent, with scary ghost nuns. Taissa Farmiga and Demian Bichir are … Continue reading
Live action, with CGI elephant flying, a remake that relies on generations of Disney kids growing up weeping to a genuine animated masterpiece. Michael Keaton, Eva Green, Colin Farrell, Danny DeVito, Oscar winner Alan Arkin, all in the cast of … Continue reading
“Straight Into a Storm” is a tuneful, affable rockumentary about Providence, Rhode Island rockers Deer Tick, a band that celebrated its tenth anniversary with a rowdy New Year’s Eve show that mimicked many of the hundreds of concerts that preceded … Continue reading
In “Incredibles 2,” the villain is named “The Screenslaver,” a monster straight out of the American Id, as relevant as each day’s latest panic-stricken headlines. Screenslaver has identified our weakness — “screens,” that we “don’t talk. You watch talk shows. … Continue reading