Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 16, 2018
Preview, Nicolas Cage has to find his missing “Ride Along” kid in the midst of a bank heist in “211”
Nicolas Cage has played a few cops in his time. Nowadays, when his character says “I’m about to retire,” we can believe it. He’s put in his time and the miles show. “211” is a low-budget heist picture based on … Continue reading
As I said in my review, “Incredibles 2” is an animated Pixar pic that beats superhero comic book movies at their own game. It’s doing that not just by being more fun, with more coherent action more topicality. The Pixar … Continue reading