Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 16, 2018
Preview, Nicolas Cage has to find his missing “Ride Along” kid in the midst of a bank heist in “211”
Nicolas Cage has played a few cops in his time. Nowadays, when his character says “I’m about to retire,” we can believe it. He’s put in his time and the miles show. “211” is a low-budget heist picture based on … Continue reading
As I said in my review, “Incredibles 2” is an animated Pixar pic that beats superhero comic book movies at their own game. It’s doing that not just by being more fun, with more coherent action more topicality. The Pixar … Continue reading