Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 25, 2013
Movie Review: “The Counselor”
It’s hard to get past Cameron Diaz’s sex-with-a-sports-car scene in “The Counselor.” Not “IN” the car, but “with” it. The twisted Cormac McCarthy wrote it, the visually indulgent Ridley Scott directed it and Diaz acted the heck out of it. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Counselor”
Jamie Dornan (Who?) is the new star of “Fifty Shades of Grey”
I get the distinct impression that all the buzz about this no-name movie, “Fifty Shades of Grey,” which plainly no actor, writer or director of great repute wants much to do with, is built around trolling for traffic among the … Continue reading
Have questions for Kristen Bell? Send’em my way.
Kristen Bell is Disney’s newest princess, the vocal star of “Frozen.” And she inspired that “Veronica Mars” Kickstarter phenomenon. She’s been a reliable co-star in comedies such as “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and “Stuck in Love” (very good in that, playing … Continue reading
Next screening, Disney’s “Frozen”
It’s got a cute moose and a talking snow man. And a Disney princess. Sounds like a mid-winter hit. “Frozen” opens Nov. 27.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next screening, Disney’s “Frozen”
Box Office: Can “Bad Grandpa” take out “Gravity”?
The last “Jackass” movie opened at over $50 million. But then, it was in 3D. This has been a banner year for R-rated comedies. Even mediocre ones like “The Heat” and “We’re the Millers” have cleaned up, clearing $100 million. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: Can “Bad Grandpa” take out “Gravity”?