Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2013
It’s hard to get past Cameron Diaz’s sex-with-a-sports-car scene in “The Counselor.” Not “IN” the car, but “with” it. The twisted Cormac McCarthy wrote it, the visually indulgent Ridley Scott directed it and Diaz acted the heck out of it. … Continue reading
I get the distinct impression that all the buzz about this no-name movie, “Fifty Shades of Grey,” which plainly no actor, writer or director of great repute wants much to do with, is built around trolling for traffic among the … Continue reading
Kristen Bell is Disney’s newest princess, the vocal star of “Frozen.” And she inspired that “Veronica Mars” Kickstarter phenomenon. She’s been a reliable co-star in comedies such as “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and “Stuck in Love” (very good in that, playing … Continue reading
It’s got a cute moose and a talking snow man. And a Disney princess. Sounds like a mid-winter hit. “Frozen” opens Nov. 27.