Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 25, 2013
It’s hard to get past Cameron Diaz’s sex-with-a-sports-car scene in “The Counselor.” Not “IN” the car, but “with” it. The twisted Cormac McCarthy wrote it, the visually indulgent Ridley Scott directed it and Diaz acted the heck out of it. … Continue reading
I get the distinct impression that all the buzz about this no-name movie, “Fifty Shades of Grey,” which plainly no actor, writer or director of great repute wants much to do with, is built around trolling for traffic among the … Continue reading
Kristen Bell is Disney’s newest princess, the vocal star of “Frozen.” And she inspired that “Veronica Mars” Kickstarter phenomenon. She’s been a reliable co-star in comedies such as “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and “Stuck in Love” (very good in that, playing … Continue reading
It’s got a cute moose and a talking snow man. And a Disney princess. Sounds like a mid-winter hit. “Frozen” opens Nov. 27.