Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 14, 2013
Gabriel Byrne is the bank boss/heavy. Gad Elmaleh is the guy with idealism. Bit of a hard sell, in a trailer. The legend Costa-Gavras directed it. “Capital” opens Nov. 1.
This is the international trailer for this David O. Russell period piece about corruption and the 70s. Oscar winners Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence, and Check out Jeremy Renner and Bradley Cooper’s hair. It feels period-perfect, authentic with lots of … Continue reading
“Captain Phillips” did a quite healthy $26 million on its opening weekend. It looks like it could have legs, that it could do “Argo” money down the road, hanging onto audience as it rolls into awards season. “Machete Kills” died … Continue reading
There’s little justice in “12 Years a Slave.” And there’s not a hint of “Django Unchained” revenge in it, no scenes where a born-free New Yorker — kidnapped and enslaved — shoots, slices or strangles his tormentors. The film’s star … Continue reading