Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 14, 2013
Gabriel Byrne is the bank boss/heavy. Gad Elmaleh is the guy with idealism. Bit of a hard sell, in a trailer. The legend Costa-Gavras directed it. “Capital” opens Nov. 1.
This is the international trailer for this David O. Russell period piece about corruption and the 70s. Oscar winners Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence, and Check out Jeremy Renner and Bradley Cooper’s hair. It feels period-perfect, authentic with lots of … Continue reading
“Captain Phillips” did a quite healthy $26 million on its opening weekend. It looks like it could have legs, that it could do “Argo” money down the road, hanging onto audience as it rolls into awards season. “Machete Kills” died … Continue reading
There’s little justice in “12 Years a Slave.” And there’s not a hint of “Django Unchained” revenge in it, no scenes where a born-free New Yorker — kidnapped and enslaved — shoots, slices or strangles his tormentors. The film’s star … Continue reading