Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 14, 2013
Gabriel Byrne is the bank boss/heavy. Gad Elmaleh is the guy with idealism. Bit of a hard sell, in a trailer. The legend Costa-Gavras directed it. “Capital” opens Nov. 1.
This is the international trailer for this David O. Russell period piece about corruption and the 70s. Oscar winners Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence, and Check out Jeremy Renner and Bradley Cooper’s hair. It feels period-perfect, authentic with lots of … Continue reading
“Captain Phillips” did a quite healthy $26 million on its opening weekend. It looks like it could have legs, that it could do “Argo” money down the road, hanging onto audience as it rolls into awards season. “Machete Kills” died … Continue reading
There’s little justice in “12 Years a Slave.” And there’s not a hint of “Django Unchained” revenge in it, no scenes where a born-free New Yorker — kidnapped and enslaved — shoots, slices or strangles his tormentors. The film’s star … Continue reading