Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 14, 2013
Gabriel Byrne is the bank boss/heavy. Gad Elmaleh is the guy with idealism. Bit of a hard sell, in a trailer. The legend Costa-Gavras directed it. “Capital” opens Nov. 1.
This is the international trailer for this David O. Russell period piece about corruption and the 70s. Oscar winners Christian Bale and Jennifer Lawrence, and Check out Jeremy Renner and Bradley Cooper’s hair. It feels period-perfect, authentic with lots of … Continue reading
“Captain Phillips” did a quite healthy $26 million on its opening weekend. It looks like it could have legs, that it could do “Argo” money down the road, hanging onto audience as it rolls into awards season. “Machete Kills” died … Continue reading
There’s little justice in “12 Years a Slave.” And there’s not a hint of “Django Unchained” revenge in it, no scenes where a born-free New Yorker — kidnapped and enslaved — shoots, slices or strangles his tormentors. The film’s star … Continue reading