Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 4, 2013
J.C. Chandor has provided the great Robert Redford with one last Oscar-bait leading man turn in this solo sailor at sea tale. Anybody who is around sailboats will recognize every situation here — the perils of solo voyaging, the limits … Continue reading
Reviews are breathless, which is fitting. And not just from me. But will “Gravity,” Alfonso Cuaron’s intimate, real-time real scenarios space epic, have the box office to match the critical huzzahs? Variety says “Yes,” with a $40+ opening for the … Continue reading