Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 4, 2013
Next Screening: Robert Redford is alone at sea in “All is Lost”
J.C. Chandor has provided the great Robert Redford with one last Oscar-bait leading man turn in this solo sailor at sea tale. Anybody who is around sailboats will recognize every situation here — the perils of solo voyaging, the limits … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening: Robert Redford is alone at sea in “All is Lost”
Weekend Movies: Will great reviews translate to “Gravity” defying box office?
Reviews are breathless, which is fitting. And not just from me. But will “Gravity,” Alfonso Cuaron’s intimate, real-time real scenarios space epic, have the box office to match the critical huzzahs? Variety says “Yes,” with a $40+ opening for the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend Movies: Will great reviews translate to “Gravity” defying box office?