Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 29, 2013
Who knew that what Keanu Reeves really wanted was to play the villain in a movie Jean-Claude Van Damme made and remade half a dozen times? And direct it? “Man of Tai Chi” is a martial arts actioner that has … Continue reading
The creator of “Four Weddings and a Funeral” and “Love Actually” wanders into “Groundhog Day” territory with his latest romance. “About Time” is about time travel and how it might be applied to finding and winning over Miss Right when … Continue reading
In a future where families are encouraged to not over breed, Ender Wiggin is “a third,” the third child born to his family. “An extra.” Skinny and pale, he is bullied at school. But he’s been observed, singled out by … Continue reading
A sullen, angst-ridden and hormonal teen struggles to filter a hostile world through the voices in her head in “How I Live Now.” Funny that Saoirse Ronan decided to take, basically, another crack at “The Host” in tackling the lead … Continue reading
It’s “kind of a nothing, a throw-away moment” in the middle of the new big screen comedy “Last Vegas.” But for just a single short scene, director Jon Turteltaub stuffed five Oscar winners into a minivan, bickering, joshing around and … Continue reading