Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 1, 2013
Let’s agree things need to move along a bit — ok, a LOT — more quickly with this second “Hobbit” installment. I’d dearly love to see a 100-110 minute cut (tops). It won’t, but if it moves like this trailer, … Continue reading
“Pulling Strings” takes a bit of a hit by being the third Latin single-dad comedy to roll into American theaters in a month. And though it is funnier and out-charms “Tio Papi,” it lacks the whimsy, magical realism and kid-friendly … Continue reading
If you’re not of Latin heritage, you may not know the handsome pop-singing actor Jaime Camil. With three albums and numerous stage and telenovela (Mexican soap opera) appearances, Camil, 40, is just starting to pop out of the Univision corner … Continue reading
Gravity” is not meant to be experienced by iPhone, iPad or the box where you watch Robin Williams and Michael J. Fox try to turn back the clock. No, director Alfonso Cuaron says. Part with a dime for “Gravity,” get … Continue reading
The reviews, from overseas, mostly (a peculiar Fox releasing strategy), are not good for “Runner, Runner,” a gambling/crime/betrayal thriller starring Ben Affleck as the criminal gambler mastermind in Costa Rica or someplace as Justin Timberlake as the guy who gets … Continue reading
Time travel romances haven’t done Rachel McAdams any favors. But here she is, falling for another time-traveler (Domhnall Gleeson) whose (Bill Nighy) dad has told him about his family gift for zipping through time, meeting the right person, fixing that … Continue reading