Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: Ben Kingsley stars in "Spider in the Web"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? How to Survive in Serbia When You're just "The Maus"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 1, 2013
Let’s agree things need to move along a bit — ok, a LOT — more quickly with this second “Hobbit” installment. I’d dearly love to see a 100-110 minute cut (tops). It won’t, but if it moves like this trailer, … Continue reading
“Pulling Strings” takes a bit of a hit by being the third Latin single-dad comedy to roll into American theaters in a month. And though it is funnier and out-charms “Tio Papi,” it lacks the whimsy, magical realism and kid-friendly … Continue reading
If you’re not of Latin heritage, you may not know the handsome pop-singing actor Jaime Camil. With three albums and numerous stage and telenovela (Mexican soap opera) appearances, Camil, 40, is just starting to pop out of the Univision corner … Continue reading
Gravity” is not meant to be experienced by iPhone, iPad or the box where you watch Robin Williams and Michael J. Fox try to turn back the clock. No, director Alfonso Cuaron says. Part with a dime for “Gravity,” get … Continue reading
The reviews, from overseas, mostly (a peculiar Fox releasing strategy), are not good for “Runner, Runner,” a gambling/crime/betrayal thriller starring Ben Affleck as the criminal gambler mastermind in Costa Rica or someplace as Justin Timberlake as the guy who gets … Continue reading
Time travel romances haven’t done Rachel McAdams any favors. But here she is, falling for another time-traveler (Domhnall Gleeson) whose (Bill Nighy) dad has told him about his family gift for zipping through time, meeting the right person, fixing that … Continue reading