Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 22, 2013
Two mothers, grieving over their dead teenage sons, bond and then begin to wonder if the other’s son wasn’t responsible for their child’s death in “Torn,” a modest, emotionally lacking melodrama built around big themes and hot button issues.Mahnoor Baloch … Continue reading
The actual box office figures provided from last weekend lowered several films’ take for the weekend, chief among them “Carrie,” which only cleared $16 million, not $17. “Captain Phillips” only lost a third of its opening weekend audience on its … Continue reading
James Toback knows the Hollywood dance. He’s a 40 year veteran of the business, a writer (“Bugsy,” “The Gambler”) and writer-director (“Fingers,””The Pick-Up Artist”) of some repute. As he approaches his sixty-ninth birthday, he knows the struggle it takes to … Continue reading
Costa-Gavras, that legendary lefty of the international cinema, is on message and but somewhat off his game with the French drama “Capital,” a mildly entertaining sermon about American “Cowboy Capitalism” as it rubs up against “The French Way.”It’s a modestly … Continue reading