Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2013
Getting a Broadway show on its feet and up and running is a journey often fraught with drama, hurt feelings and failure. Happy endings are rare and best appreciated if we know the struggle, revisions, hard work and tough casting … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Great reviews for “Slave,” “All is Lost,” middling for “Escape,” “Carrie”, “Fifth Estate”
Oscar contenders are peppering most weekends this October, pretty unusual for Hollywood to roll them out, en masse, pre-Thanksgiving, but there are more to come, so have at it. “12 Years a Slave” is the best picture contender to beat … Continue reading
More horrific than scary, director Kimberly Peirce (“Girls Don’t Cry”) sees Stephen King’s “Carrie” through the lens of today’s bullying epidemic and all the hand-wringing that has followed it. This remake of the film that made Brian DePalma famous — … Continue reading