Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2013
Getting a Broadway show on its feet and up and running is a journey often fraught with drama, hurt feelings and failure. Happy endings are rare and best appreciated if we know the struggle, revisions, hard work and tough casting … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Great reviews for “Slave,” “All is Lost,” middling for “Escape,” “Carrie”, “Fifth Estate”
Oscar contenders are peppering most weekends this October, pretty unusual for Hollywood to roll them out, en masse, pre-Thanksgiving, but there are more to come, so have at it. “12 Years a Slave” is the best picture contender to beat … Continue reading
More horrific than scary, director Kimberly Peirce (“Girls Don’t Cry”) sees Stephen King’s “Carrie” through the lens of today’s bullying epidemic and all the hand-wringing that has followed it. This remake of the film that made Brian DePalma famous — … Continue reading