Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Documentary Review -- Remembering "Tiny Tim: King for a Day"
- Movie Review: A deep dive into Sugar Baby Life -- "Sugar Daddy"
- Series Review: "Frank of Ireland" indulges the Gleeson Brothers
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 18, 2013
Getting a Broadway show on its feet and up and running is a journey often fraught with drama, hurt feelings and failure. Happy endings are rare and best appreciated if we know the struggle, revisions, hard work and tough casting … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Great reviews for “Slave,” “All is Lost,” middling for “Escape,” “Carrie”, “Fifth Estate”
Oscar contenders are peppering most weekends this October, pretty unusual for Hollywood to roll them out, en masse, pre-Thanksgiving, but there are more to come, so have at it. “12 Years a Slave” is the best picture contender to beat … Continue reading
More horrific than scary, director Kimberly Peirce (“Girls Don’t Cry”) sees Stephen King’s “Carrie” through the lens of today’s bullying epidemic and all the hand-wringing that has followed it. This remake of the film that made Brian DePalma famous — … Continue reading