Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 20, 2013
This is an interesting direction for Liam Neeson’s career to settle into — man of action, Mr. “Taken” and “A-Team.” In “Non Stop,” he’s a U.S. Air Marshal whose flight has a murderer/blackmailer on board. Julianne Moore looks like the … Continue reading
Say this for “Last Vegas.” CBS Films didn’t scrimp on cast, baby. FIVE Oscar winners star in this comedy about old men, lifelong pals “from the neighborhood,” gathering in Vegas to celebrate the marriage of one of their ranks. Michael … Continue reading
Another great weekend for “Gravity,” which holds 3D IMAX screens captive and appears to have enough staying power to do top five well into November. Over $30 million this weekend. “Captain Phillips” had a good “hold,” as the Box Office … Continue reading
James Franco gets to play the bad guy — and didn’t you see that coming? — in “Homefront,” what looks to be a standard issue Jason Statham actioner about a very tough and accomplished guy, trying to keep on the … Continue reading
Erotic, but about more than the sex, droll, but about more than witty lines and cutting observations by and about bored suburban moms, “Concussion” is a most promising first feature from writer-director Stacie Passon. It’s well-acted, sometimes poignant and occasionally … Continue reading