Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 8, 2013
Next screening: “Romeo & Juliet”
A sizzling period piece with modern pop tunes and Hailee Steinfeld, Douglas Booth, Paul Giamatti, Stellan Skarsgaard? There will be blood. And poison. And the Bard. “Romeo & Juliet” opens Friday.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next screening: “Romeo & Juliet”
Movie Review: “Captain Phillips” sails into Oscar contention
It wasn’t that long ago and we remember how it turned out. So there’s no way that “Captain Phillips”, the movie about the 2009 pirate attack on the M.V. Maersk Alabama, should be as surprising and entertaining a sea tale … Continue reading
So how bad is “Machete Kills”?
As a rule, movie studios never hide movies they’re proud of. So when Fox last week showed, to crowds of New York and LA critics, “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty,” their big holiday Oscar bait, they at least THOUGHT … Continue reading