Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2013
A sizzling period piece with modern pop tunes and Hailee Steinfeld, Douglas Booth, Paul Giamatti, Stellan Skarsgaard? There will be blood. And poison. And the Bard. “Romeo & Juliet” opens Friday.
It wasn’t that long ago and we remember how it turned out. So there’s no way that “Captain Phillips”, the movie about the 2009 pirate attack on the M.V. Maersk Alabama, should be as surprising and entertaining a sea tale … Continue reading