Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2013
A sizzling period piece with modern pop tunes and Hailee Steinfeld, Douglas Booth, Paul Giamatti, Stellan Skarsgaard? There will be blood. And poison. And the Bard. “Romeo & Juliet” opens Friday.
It wasn’t that long ago and we remember how it turned out. So there’s no way that “Captain Phillips”, the movie about the 2009 pirate attack on the M.V. Maersk Alabama, should be as surprising and entertaining a sea tale … Continue reading