Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 8, 2013
A sizzling period piece with modern pop tunes and Hailee Steinfeld, Douglas Booth, Paul Giamatti, Stellan Skarsgaard? There will be blood. And poison. And the Bard. “Romeo & Juliet” opens Friday.
It wasn’t that long ago and we remember how it turned out. So there’s no way that “Captain Phillips”, the movie about the 2009 pirate attack on the M.V. Maersk Alabama, should be as surprising and entertaining a sea tale … Continue reading