Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2013
I have interviewed a couple of members of the Hemingway clan over the years, and while they were never reluctant to talk about “the family curse,” that doesn’t appear to have saved many of them from falling into it — … Continue reading
Honest truth? Ask any guy with a sailboat, and this is the romantic image he had of himself that made him go out and buy one. Dashing, wind-lashed, hair flowing in the breeze — Robert Redford at the helm. “All … Continue reading
Here’s why the Alec Baldwin version of Tom Clancy’s analyst in-over-his-head character Jack Ryan was the best. Jack Ryan was actually IN OVER HIS HEAD. Harrison Ford played him that way, Ben Affleck, not so much. The guy should seem … Continue reading
Thursday night was decent, Friday was good and Saturday ticket sales for the weighty sci-fi “Gravity” put the film on a course to set a new opening weekend record for October. Did you see it? In IMAX and 3D? If … Continue reading