Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 6, 2013
Next Screening: “Running From Crazy”
I have interviewed a couple of members of the Hemingway clan over the years, and while they were never reluctant to talk about “the family curse,” that doesn’t appear to have saved many of them from falling into it — … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening: “Running From Crazy”
Next Interview: Questions for Robert Redford? Anyone?
Honest truth? Ask any guy with a sailboat, and this is the romantic image he had of himself that made him go out and buy one. Dashing, wind-lashed, hair flowing in the breeze — Robert Redford at the helm. “All … Continue reading
Movie Preview, “Jack Ryan, Shadow Recruit”
Here’s why the Alec Baldwin version of Tom Clancy’s analyst in-over-his-head character Jack Ryan was the best. Jack Ryan was actually IN OVER HIS HEAD. Harrison Ford played him that way, Ben Affleck, not so much. The guy should seem … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview, “Jack Ryan, Shadow Recruit”
“Gravity” bursts October Box Office record — $55 million
Thursday night was decent, Friday was good and Saturday ticket sales for the weighty sci-fi “Gravity” put the film on a course to set a new opening weekend record for October. Did you see it? In IMAX and 3D? If … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on “Gravity” bursts October Box Office record — $55 million