Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2013
I have interviewed a couple of members of the Hemingway clan over the years, and while they were never reluctant to talk about “the family curse,” that doesn’t appear to have saved many of them from falling into it — … Continue reading
Honest truth? Ask any guy with a sailboat, and this is the romantic image he had of himself that made him go out and buy one. Dashing, wind-lashed, hair flowing in the breeze — Robert Redford at the helm. “All … Continue reading
Here’s why the Alec Baldwin version of Tom Clancy’s analyst in-over-his-head character Jack Ryan was the best. Jack Ryan was actually IN OVER HIS HEAD. Harrison Ford played him that way, Ben Affleck, not so much. The guy should seem … Continue reading
Thursday night was decent, Friday was good and Saturday ticket sales for the weighty sci-fi “Gravity” put the film on a course to set a new opening weekend record for October. Did you see it? In IMAX and 3D? If … Continue reading