Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2013
I have interviewed a couple of members of the Hemingway clan over the years, and while they were never reluctant to talk about “the family curse,” that doesn’t appear to have saved many of them from falling into it — … Continue reading
Honest truth? Ask any guy with a sailboat, and this is the romantic image he had of himself that made him go out and buy one. Dashing, wind-lashed, hair flowing in the breeze — Robert Redford at the helm. “All … Continue reading
Here’s why the Alec Baldwin version of Tom Clancy’s analyst in-over-his-head character Jack Ryan was the best. Jack Ryan was actually IN OVER HIS HEAD. Harrison Ford played him that way, Ben Affleck, not so much. The guy should seem … Continue reading
Thursday night was decent, Friday was good and Saturday ticket sales for the weighty sci-fi “Gravity” put the film on a course to set a new opening weekend record for October. Did you see it? In IMAX and 3D? If … Continue reading