Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Classic Film Review: Brando, Woodward, Magnani and Stapleton and Tennessee Williams -- "The Fugitive Kind"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 6, 2013
I have interviewed a couple of members of the Hemingway clan over the years, and while they were never reluctant to talk about “the family curse,” that doesn’t appear to have saved many of them from falling into it — … Continue reading
Honest truth? Ask any guy with a sailboat, and this is the romantic image he had of himself that made him go out and buy one. Dashing, wind-lashed, hair flowing in the breeze — Robert Redford at the helm. “All … Continue reading
Here’s why the Alec Baldwin version of Tom Clancy’s analyst in-over-his-head character Jack Ryan was the best. Jack Ryan was actually IN OVER HIS HEAD. Harrison Ford played him that way, Ben Affleck, not so much. The guy should seem … Continue reading
Thursday night was decent, Friday was good and Saturday ticket sales for the weighty sci-fi “Gravity” put the film on a course to set a new opening weekend record for October. Did you see it? In IMAX and 3D? If … Continue reading