Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Bingeable? Brit Dramedy "Flack" celebrates and eviscerates the dirty business of image control and publicity
- Movie Review: The life of a refugee and work of art, a Tunisian satire-- "The Man Who Sold His Skin"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 10, 2013
This erotic, NC-17 rated lesbian romantic drama was an award-winner at Cannes and has a certain awards buzz for its leads about it as it is about to open in North America.
“Captain Phillips” has its doubters. But they are few. Great performances, a compelling and largely true story, with surprising bits of it that we haven’t heard before. The great Paul Greengrass directed, Hanks has an Oscar nomination sewed up, this … Continue reading
“The Inevitable Defeat of Mister & Pete” is a rough and rough around the edges tale of children growing up on the mean streets of the wrong side of Brooklyn. It’s a coming of age story of a self-absorbed, downtrodden … Continue reading