Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 17, 2013
I really liked the Canadian (French) film this is based on, “Starbuck” Vince Vaughn, a bigtime sperm donor? I’m there. Here’s what it’s really about, a sperm donor who decides to look in on/look after the kids he never realized … Continue reading
These eccentric trailers sell the movie. They do suggest more of his usual twee tone. Saoirse Ronan, Harvey Keitel, F. Murray Abraham, Ralph Fiennes in a comedy, a sort of murder mystery comedy? Fun stuff. The music and cutting make … Continue reading
Ed Lauter was the first character actor I ever interviewed. And he was pretty far into a long and hit-packed career, even then. In the years since that chat, I always smile when I see him on the screen, turning … Continue reading
No, they weren’t film fans taking all the Michael Bay hate rhetoric on the Internet too literally. The Hong Kong set scuffle that involved Mr. Bay appears to have been some sort of old fashioned shake down. Wait, there’s still … Continue reading
It’s no secret that actors lie, or at least stretch the truth, to get a role. Even Robert Redford.“He kept talking about his boating experience, admitting it might take a while to get his ‘sea legs’back,” remembers director J.C. Chandor, … Continue reading
Once one of Hollywood’s Young Turks, an acclaimed screenwriter (“The Gambler,” “Bugsy”) and offbeat director (“Fingers”, “The Pick Up Artist”), James Toback’s most recent success was his quite-revealing documentary-interview with Mike Tyson (“Tyson”). He had this idea to make a … Continue reading