Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2013
Forget “The Host.” Anybody who saw Saoirse Ronan in “Hanna” realizes she’d have the right stuff to survive World War III. That’s what this indie thriller is about, girl on vacation in the UK with her family, WWIII breaks out. … Continue reading
Beware the horror movie that lists its “special effects” team too high in the credits. It’s a dead giveaway. “This is what we spent our money on” and “This is what we’re proudest of.”But hats off to Spectral Motion and … Continue reading
The Oscar best picture field seriously shapes up in the next week or two as major contenders are previewed and critics weigh in on their chances. A scattering of sure things have opened up until now, but not enough to … Continue reading
: ““Bad Milo!” is a demented and dark midnight horror comedy about a stressed-out accountant whose spastic colon produces an avenging, predatory polyp. If the concept alone isn’t funny, it’s probably one you’ll want to pass on. When we finally … Continue reading