Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2013
Forget “The Host.” Anybody who saw Saoirse Ronan in “Hanna” realizes she’d have the right stuff to survive World War III. That’s what this indie thriller is about, girl on vacation in the UK with her family, WWIII breaks out. … Continue reading
Beware the horror movie that lists its “special effects” team too high in the credits. It’s a dead giveaway. “This is what we spent our money on” and “This is what we’re proudest of.”But hats off to Spectral Motion and … Continue reading
The Oscar best picture field seriously shapes up in the next week or two as major contenders are previewed and critics weigh in on their chances. A scattering of sure things have opened up until now, but not enough to … Continue reading
: ““Bad Milo!” is a demented and dark midnight horror comedy about a stressed-out accountant whose spastic colon produces an avenging, predatory polyp. If the concept alone isn’t funny, it’s probably one you’ll want to pass on. When we finally … Continue reading