Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Movie Review: When "I Still Believe" isn't enough
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2013
Forget “The Host.” Anybody who saw Saoirse Ronan in “Hanna” realizes she’d have the right stuff to survive World War III. That’s what this indie thriller is about, girl on vacation in the UK with her family, WWIII breaks out. … Continue reading
Beware the horror movie that lists its “special effects” team too high in the credits. It’s a dead giveaway. “This is what we spent our money on” and “This is what we’re proudest of.”But hats off to Spectral Motion and … Continue reading
The Oscar best picture field seriously shapes up in the next week or two as major contenders are previewed and critics weigh in on their chances. A scattering of sure things have opened up until now, but not enough to … Continue reading
: ““Bad Milo!” is a demented and dark midnight horror comedy about a stressed-out accountant whose spastic colon produces an avenging, predatory polyp. If the concept alone isn’t funny, it’s probably one you’ll want to pass on. When we finally … Continue reading