Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 3, 2013
Forget “The Host.” Anybody who saw Saoirse Ronan in “Hanna” realizes she’d have the right stuff to survive World War III. That’s what this indie thriller is about, girl on vacation in the UK with her family, WWIII breaks out. … Continue reading
Beware the horror movie that lists its “special effects” team too high in the credits. It’s a dead giveaway. “This is what we spent our money on” and “This is what we’re proudest of.”But hats off to Spectral Motion and … Continue reading
The Oscar best picture field seriously shapes up in the next week or two as major contenders are previewed and critics weigh in on their chances. A scattering of sure things have opened up until now, but not enough to … Continue reading
: ““Bad Milo!” is a demented and dark midnight horror comedy about a stressed-out accountant whose spastic colon produces an avenging, predatory polyp. If the concept alone isn’t funny, it’s probably one you’ll want to pass on. When we finally … Continue reading