Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 16, 2013
Stallone was always a better actor than Schwarzenegger. That burning question, for those old enough to have asked it and deluded enough to have never figured it out, is answered once and for all in “Escape Plan,” a vintage prison … Continue reading
Sophisticated, well-cast and heartfelt, “Grace Unplugged” is further proof that a little Hollywood sheen goes a long way in the faith-based film genre. But in blending the “kid corrupted by the music biz” formula with a story of core values … Continue reading
“Oh Lord,” the old fisherman’s prayer goes, “Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small.” Anybody who has ever sailed a boat — any boat — over the wine dark sea has that line at the ready … Continue reading