Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 11, 2013
Here’s one that’s sort of sneaking up on us. It was delayed, but we knew it was coming out this fall — eventually. It promised to be THE horror picture this Halloween. But there’s been zero buzz on it. Zero. … Continue reading
In a word, “no.” A longer, Tom Hanks action picture vs. sci fi with Bullock? No contest. “Captain Phillips” is enjoying the same sorts of rapturous reviews as “Gravity,” but it won’t have 3D IMAX money to count, and Tom … Continue reading