Top Posts & Pages
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: In the name of all that's holy, don't get stuck in "Tar"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 9, 2013
It’s heartening to see how gorgeous the Italian cities of Verona and Mantua still are in the new “Romeo & Juliet,” so well-preserved that the Immortal Bard himself would recognize them — if he actually traveled through Europe.Those stunning locations … Continue reading
A one-take live-shot “performance art piece” that showcases what you can do, just with a camera and computer, to blur the line between real and digital space. Very impressive.
On the eve of “Awards Season,” there are a dozen or so films that certainly intend to be in the Oscars mix by year’s end. But the Best Picture field has all the appearances of having firmed up quite a … Continue reading
James McTeague is slated to direct this new thriller about a government agent (Milla J.) on the run and trying to prevent a terrorist attack on Times Square on New Year’s Eve. Much of the picture is set in the … Continue reading