Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 9, 2013
Movie Review: “Romeo & Juliet” needed a better Juliet. And Romeo, too.
It’s heartening to see how gorgeous the Italian cities of Verona and Mantua still are in the new “Romeo & Juliet,” so well-preserved that the Immortal Bard himself would recognize them — if he actually traveled through Europe.Those stunning locations … Continue reading
“Box” — projection mapping and the future of digital in-camera effects?
A one-take live-shot “performance art piece” that showcases what you can do, just with a camera and computer, to blur the line between real and digital space. Very impressive.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on “Box” — projection mapping and the future of digital in-camera effects?
OSCARS: Where we stand in early October
On the eve of “Awards Season,” there are a dozen or so films that certainly intend to be in the Oscars mix by year’s end. But the Best Picture field has all the appearances of having firmed up quite a … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on OSCARS: Where we stand in early October
Milla Jovovich escapes “Resident Evil” ghetto for “Survivor”
James McTeague is slated to direct this new thriller about a government agent (Milla J.) on the run and trying to prevent a terrorist attack on Times Square on New Year’s Eve. Much of the picture is set in the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Milla Jovovich escapes “Resident Evil” ghetto for “Survivor”