Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: "Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe" Heheheh..."Do"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: Stallone is back on the beat with "Backtrace"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 9, 2013
It’s heartening to see how gorgeous the Italian cities of Verona and Mantua still are in the new “Romeo & Juliet,” so well-preserved that the Immortal Bard himself would recognize them — if he actually traveled through Europe.Those stunning locations … Continue reading
A one-take live-shot “performance art piece” that showcases what you can do, just with a camera and computer, to blur the line between real and digital space. Very impressive.
On the eve of “Awards Season,” there are a dozen or so films that certainly intend to be in the Oscars mix by year’s end. But the Best Picture field has all the appearances of having firmed up quite a … Continue reading
James McTeague is slated to direct this new thriller about a government agent (Milla J.) on the run and trying to prevent a terrorist attack on Times Square on New Year’s Eve. Much of the picture is set in the … Continue reading