Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 9, 2013
It’s heartening to see how gorgeous the Italian cities of Verona and Mantua still are in the new “Romeo & Juliet,” so well-preserved that the Immortal Bard himself would recognize them — if he actually traveled through Europe.Those stunning locations … Continue reading
A one-take live-shot “performance art piece” that showcases what you can do, just with a camera and computer, to blur the line between real and digital space. Very impressive.
On the eve of “Awards Season,” there are a dozen or so films that certainly intend to be in the Oscars mix by year’s end. But the Best Picture field has all the appearances of having firmed up quite a … Continue reading
James McTeague is slated to direct this new thriller about a government agent (Milla J.) on the run and trying to prevent a terrorist attack on Times Square on New Year’s Eve. Much of the picture is set in the … Continue reading