Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2013
There’s a myopia to “Diana,” the new film about the divorce and last great romance of Princess Diana’s life, that fits its subject like one of Diana’s signature, custom-tailored gowns. Isolated, focused on her image, her few contacts with the … Continue reading
Oscar winning documentary filmmaker Barbara Kopple (“Wild Man Blues,” “Harlan County, USA”) gives herself over to Oprah Winfrey’s vision of the world in “Running from Crazy,” a movie about the Hemingways and their troubled family history of mental illness and … Continue reading
Asa Butterfield is “a massive science fiction fan,” he says. Which is a good thing, considering Martin Scorsese plucked him from relative obscurity to take the title role in the fanciful “Hugo,” which turned into a decent sized hit a … Continue reading