Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: How the drug mobs roll in the Dominican Republic -- "Narco Soldiers"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Movie Review: A Redemption Story Star Vehicle for Justin Timberlake -- "Palmer"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2013
There’s a myopia to “Diana,” the new film about the divorce and last great romance of Princess Diana’s life, that fits its subject like one of Diana’s signature, custom-tailored gowns. Isolated, focused on her image, her few contacts with the … Continue reading
Oscar winning documentary filmmaker Barbara Kopple (“Wild Man Blues,” “Harlan County, USA”) gives herself over to Oprah Winfrey’s vision of the world in “Running from Crazy,” a movie about the Hemingways and their troubled family history of mental illness and … Continue reading
Asa Butterfield is “a massive science fiction fan,” he says. Which is a good thing, considering Martin Scorsese plucked him from relative obscurity to take the title role in the fanciful “Hugo,” which turned into a decent sized hit a … Continue reading