Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 28, 2013
There’s a myopia to “Diana,” the new film about the divorce and last great romance of Princess Diana’s life, that fits its subject like one of Diana’s signature, custom-tailored gowns. Isolated, focused on her image, her few contacts with the … Continue reading
Oscar winning documentary filmmaker Barbara Kopple (“Wild Man Blues,” “Harlan County, USA”) gives herself over to Oprah Winfrey’s vision of the world in “Running from Crazy,” a movie about the Hemingways and their troubled family history of mental illness and … Continue reading
Asa Butterfield is “a massive science fiction fan,” he says. Which is a good thing, considering Martin Scorsese plucked him from relative obscurity to take the title role in the fanciful “Hugo,” which turned into a decent sized hit a … Continue reading