Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Aaron Paul stars, and from the looks of the trailer, we’re dealing with a “Vanishing Point” meets “Cannonball Run” scenario, an outlaw driver driving supercars in illegal highway dashes. Dominic Cooper also stars in this March movie. No Vin, no … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Overly generous reviews for “Metallica,” “Meatballs,” on the money ones for “Rush,” “Don Jon”
“Rush” is a terrific racing bio-pic, a real plum on Ron Howard’s resume. Everybody says so. Go see it. One of the best pictures of the year. I thought the Metallica concert-and-more film “Metallica, Through the Never,” was self-serious and … Continue reading
Paula Patton fizzes and flounces through “Baggage Claim”, a romantic comedy about a flight attendant who gives herself “30 days and 30 thousand miles” to find some man to “put a ring on it” before her sister’s wedding. No gesture … Continue reading
The Herculean task of any sequel is repeating the experience of the original film, or improving on it. That’s nigh on impossible due to the simple fact that you only get to take the viewing public utterly by surprise once. … Continue reading
“Metallica: Through the Never” is something like the ultimate fan’s concert film. Expense and fire marshals be damned, these gents — James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett and Robert Trujillo — and their extensive road crew put on a show … Continue reading
Like a lot of drive-ins, this one has slipped in and out of a coma for years. But thanks to Honda’s little project to supply cash to five popular, worthy drive-ins with digital projection, the Ocala Drive-In will survive the … Continue reading
“Dumb and Dumber To,” they’re calling the film. Because nobody involved (save Daniels, an HBO star) had anything better to do. Finally.
There’s barely a wasted moment in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s hilarious and wise “Don Jon.” Well, as long as you don’t consider a guy obsessively watching porn and doing what follows “wasted.” The title character (Gordon-Levitt) certainly doesn’t.“ALL guys watch porn, every … Continue reading
Pantelion, the studio behind “Instructions Not Included” and “Casa de mi Padre,” is releasing this romantic comedy set in Mexico City about a fellow who needs a Visa and the gringa-bonita who might be able to help him out. “Pulling … Continue reading
You’ve got a gambling/Internet crime and betrayal thriller starring the red hot Justin Timberlake and a back-to-being hot Ben Affleck. It’s opening the same weekend as the ballyhooed (with justification) “Gravity.” Selling it, getting the word about “Runner Runner” out … Continue reading