Last year, “Star Wars” fans raced from Santa Monica to San Diego, in costume, to raise money for the Make a Wish Foundation.
This year, this Lucas-sanctioned event (he buys into most charitable uses of his trademarks like this) will start at the Ranch George Built — Skywalker Ranch, north of San Francisco. That’s an added bonus for fans who’ve never been there, and a great photo op for LucasFilm, which is banking on a whole new J.J. Abrams “Star Wars” trilogy to refresh this blockbuster franchise.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Del Toro remakes a dark classic,"Nightmare Alley"
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Movie Review: Spielberg or not, it's still Sondheim and Bernstein's "West Side Story"
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
Find a Movie Review