They’ve cast the little girl from “Beasts of the Southern Wild” in this Jay Z/Will Smith produced version of the musical “Annie.” But they need a Daddy Warbucks, aka Benjamin Stacks as he’s being called in this African American spin on the tale.
Jamie Foxx can sing. So he’s the leading candidate, according to THR.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Dragon Ball Super: Broly"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "My Teacher, My Obsession," oh my
- Movie Review: Justin Long suffers as the ex at the wedding who came quite "Literally, Right Before Aaron"
- Preview, Travolta plays a real-life boat racer/drug runner in "Speed Kills"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Movie Review: Gerard Butler, Peter Mullan show their grit in "The Vanishing"
- Preview, Gerard Butler wrestles with a Gaelic Mystery, "The Vanishing"
Find a Movie Review