Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 31, 2019
My hat is off to any filmmaker who attempts a period piece, and the look and feel of “The Riot Act” is striking and believably late 19th century. A tale of love, murder and revenge that borrows from “Hamlet,” it’s … Continue reading
As New Zealand is a “bucket list” country for me, I’m always on the lookout for movies that show the islands, sans hobbits. “Falling Inn Love” is a Christina Milian comedy about a San Francisco architect and “green” designer/builder who … Continue reading
It’s what you do until the power and wifi go out. On a holiday weekend. Christina Milian, Marlon Wayans, take me…away? From Dorian, at least. That’s right, cramming screeners in between stripping the boat for a blow, searches for open … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: ‘Angel Has Fallen’ looks at $16+ over Labor Day, “Peanut Butter” and “Don’t Let Go” can’t crack top 10
The weekend before “It Chapter 2” is mostly holdovers, with only a couple of under 1000 screens releases added to your movie going smorgasbord. “Angel” is still making bank. “Good Boys” heads for almost $9, over the four day weekend. … Continue reading