Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Sentimental, with an Edge -- "The Olive Trees of Justice" (1962) takes us back to Algeria just before Independence
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 31, 2019
My hat is off to any filmmaker who attempts a period piece, and the look and feel of “The Riot Act” is striking and believably late 19th century. A tale of love, murder and revenge that borrows from “Hamlet,” it’s … Continue reading
As New Zealand is a “bucket list” country for me, I’m always on the lookout for movies that show the islands, sans hobbits. “Falling Inn Love” is a Christina Milian comedy about a San Francisco architect and “green” designer/builder who … Continue reading
It’s what you do until the power and wifi go out. On a holiday weekend. Christina Milian, Marlon Wayans, take me…away? From Dorian, at least. That’s right, cramming screeners in between stripping the boat for a blow, searches for open … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: ‘Angel Has Fallen’ looks at $16+ over Labor Day, “Peanut Butter” and “Don’t Let Go” can’t crack top 10
The weekend before “It Chapter 2” is mostly holdovers, with only a couple of under 1000 screens releases added to your movie going smorgasbord. “Angel” is still making bank. “Good Boys” heads for almost $9, over the four day weekend. … Continue reading