Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 28, 2019
“Mom! That ‘Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ is staring through the gate again!” Words NOBODY wants to hear. Even if you’re a fan of the original “Girl,” Noomi Rapace, being a bit afraid of her, in or out of character … Continue reading
Director and co-writer Scott A. Hamilton makes a big deal out of his debut feature, “What Death Leaves Behind” being an example of “non-linear” storytelling. Such movies employ tricky timelines, sometimes employ the rare “flash forward” along with that hoary … Continue reading
Yeah, it sounds icky. It’s hard seeing the trailer and reading the short summary on IMDb and figuring out ANY way they can make this worthwhile, judgemental and cautionary. Will the British seaside scenery make it seem less so? “Scarborough” … Continue reading
Ridley Scott directed it and gained fame because of it. It made Sigourney Weaver’s career. Action auteur Walter Hill was a much bigger name at the time it came out, and was a producer on it. He’s the guy who … Continue reading
That’s some catch, that Catch-22. Unless you’re British, of course. There the biggest catch of them all might be “The Official Secrets Act,” a sweeping anti-leaks law that makes the mere act of defending yourself from charges that you let … Continue reading