Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: A Ukrainian combat thriller, "Sniper: The White Raven"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- BOX OFFICE: And the winner is? "Marcel the Shell with Shoes On?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 28, 2019
“Mom! That ‘Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ is staring through the gate again!” Words NOBODY wants to hear. Even if you’re a fan of the original “Girl,” Noomi Rapace, being a bit afraid of her, in or out of character … Continue reading
Director and co-writer Scott A. Hamilton makes a big deal out of his debut feature, “What Death Leaves Behind” being an example of “non-linear” storytelling. Such movies employ tricky timelines, sometimes employ the rare “flash forward” along with that hoary … Continue reading
Yeah, it sounds icky. It’s hard seeing the trailer and reading the short summary on IMDb and figuring out ANY way they can make this worthwhile, judgemental and cautionary. Will the British seaside scenery make it seem less so? “Scarborough” … Continue reading
Ridley Scott directed it and gained fame because of it. It made Sigourney Weaver’s career. Action auteur Walter Hill was a much bigger name at the time it came out, and was a producer on it. He’s the guy who … Continue reading
That’s some catch, that Catch-22. Unless you’re British, of course. There the biggest catch of them all might be “The Official Secrets Act,” a sweeping anti-leaks law that makes the mere act of defending yourself from charges that you let … Continue reading