Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 10, 2019
It’s another version of “Most Dangerous Game” (humans as “game”), and I’m not sure it is so politically touchy that it needed to be pulled. Trump wanted it yanked, and it was. https://t.co/F3KuM5x3hc?amp=1
Good performances and a healthy dose of earnest righteousness go a long way in atoning for the choppy structure and shortchanged characters that mar the telling of the inspiring true story of a life interrupted by a crime that never … Continue reading
You will tear up a little at the animated short film “Hair Love” that Matthew A. Cherry, Everett Downing Jr. and Bruce W. Smith whipped up, via Kickstarter, and Sony attached as the opener to “The Angry Birds Movie 2.” … Continue reading
You never hear horror stories about random fan encounters gone wrong involving John Travolta. Never. The face he shows the public doesn’t have room for bad days or bad moods, even though everybody has them. And that’s by design. “I … Continue reading
“Hobbs & Shaw” are losing their steam, but still have another $24 million in them, a steep 60% drop from opening weekend. That is enough to win this desultory box office race for Aug. 9-11. “Dora” is underwhelming in terms … Continue reading