Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 10, 2019
It’s another version of “Most Dangerous Game” (humans as “game”), and I’m not sure it is so politically touchy that it needed to be pulled. Trump wanted it yanked, and it was. https://t.co/F3KuM5x3hc?amp=1
Good performances and a healthy dose of earnest righteousness go a long way in atoning for the choppy structure and shortchanged characters that mar the telling of the inspiring true story of a life interrupted by a crime that never … Continue reading
You will tear up a little at the animated short film “Hair Love” that Matthew A. Cherry, Everett Downing Jr. and Bruce W. Smith whipped up, via Kickstarter, and Sony attached as the opener to “The Angry Birds Movie 2.” … Continue reading
You never hear horror stories about random fan encounters gone wrong involving John Travolta. Never. The face he shows the public doesn’t have room for bad days or bad moods, even though everybody has them. And that’s by design. “I … Continue reading
“Hobbs & Shaw” are losing their steam, but still have another $24 million in them, a steep 60% drop from opening weekend. That is enough to win this desultory box office race for Aug. 9-11. “Dora” is underwhelming in terms … Continue reading