Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 30, 2019
For those of us who a long way from Coney, baby. Florida.
This is going to be a VERY slow holiday weekend for Hollywood, as the only wide (ish) new release is hitting less than 1,000 screens. Blumhouse is lowballing expectations for “Don’t Let Go,” their African American headliner driven supernatural thriller. … Continue reading
Recovering from injuries, becoming the greatest, strongest athletes or fighters — historical evidence, Schwarzenegger, the whole nine yards. Every argument, in short, that suggests “meat builds strength” is “just marketing,” as Ahhnuld says. Here’s a counter-argument to “Beef, it’s what’s … Continue reading