Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 30, 2019
For those of us who a long way from Coney, baby. Florida.
This is going to be a VERY slow holiday weekend for Hollywood, as the only wide (ish) new release is hitting less than 1,000 screens. Blumhouse is lowballing expectations for “Don’t Let Go,” their African American headliner driven supernatural thriller. … Continue reading
Recovering from injuries, becoming the greatest, strongest athletes or fighters — historical evidence, Schwarzenegger, the whole nine yards. Every argument, in short, that suggests “meat builds strength” is “just marketing,” as Ahhnuld says. Here’s a counter-argument to “Beef, it’s what’s … Continue reading