Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 30, 2019
For those of us who a long way from Coney, baby. Florida.
This is going to be a VERY slow holiday weekend for Hollywood, as the only wide (ish) new release is hitting less than 1,000 screens. Blumhouse is lowballing expectations for “Don’t Let Go,” their African American headliner driven supernatural thriller. … Continue reading
Recovering from injuries, becoming the greatest, strongest athletes or fighters — historical evidence, Schwarzenegger, the whole nine yards. Every argument, in short, that suggests “meat builds strength” is “just marketing,” as Ahhnuld says. Here’s a counter-argument to “Beef, it’s what’s … Continue reading