Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: Jean Reno, ever "The Professional," doing wet work in "Cold Blood"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2019
For an 80 minute movie, “Wicked Witches,” retitled from the ever-so-British “The Witches of Dumpling Farm,” certainly does dawdle along. I had all but despaired of it ever getting up and running long before its nervy, stomach-churning chase and finale. … Continue reading
There is comfort and little risk in rooting for sports superpowers — the Patriots, Manchester Uniteds, Dukes and Alabamas of this world. But when there is no struggle there is no pathos. And in rooting, when there is no risk, … Continue reading
Period piece? Accents? British football? Collectible British cars in the background? Come on. You had me at “Bromley.”
Donovan’s classic is remade for this horror movie, produced by Guillermo del Toro and not previewed for critics. It opens Friday. https://variety.com/2019/music/news/lana-del-rey-season-of-the-witch-guillermo-del-toro-1203292435/