Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Netflixable? Taming "Lady Chatterley's Lover"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Russell Crowe shows off his "Poker Face" in this Aussie thriller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2019
For an 80 minute movie, “Wicked Witches,” retitled from the ever-so-British “The Witches of Dumpling Farm,” certainly does dawdle along. I had all but despaired of it ever getting up and running long before its nervy, stomach-churning chase and finale. … Continue reading
There is comfort and little risk in rooting for sports superpowers — the Patriots, Manchester Uniteds, Dukes and Alabamas of this world. But when there is no struggle there is no pathos. And in rooting, when there is no risk, … Continue reading
Period piece? Accents? British football? Collectible British cars in the background? Come on. You had me at “Bromley.”
Donovan’s classic is remade for this horror movie, produced by Guillermo del Toro and not previewed for critics. It opens Friday. https://variety.com/2019/music/news/lana-del-rey-season-of-the-witch-guillermo-del-toro-1203292435/