Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 6, 2019
For an 80 minute movie, “Wicked Witches,” retitled from the ever-so-British “The Witches of Dumpling Farm,” certainly does dawdle along. I had all but despaired of it ever getting up and running long before its nervy, stomach-churning chase and finale. … Continue reading
There is comfort and little risk in rooting for sports superpowers — the Patriots, Manchester Uniteds, Dukes and Alabamas of this world. But when there is no struggle there is no pathos. And in rooting, when there is no risk, … Continue reading
Period piece? Accents? British football? Collectible British cars in the background? Come on. You had me at “Bromley.”
Donovan’s classic is remade for this horror movie, produced by Guillermo del Toro and not previewed for critics. It opens Friday. https://variety.com/2019/music/news/lana-del-rey-season-of-the-witch-guillermo-del-toro-1203292435/