Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 23, 2019
The three saddest words we hear off the screen this year just might be, “Jesus, John Paul.” Sarah Greene speaks them, playing a Dublin mother of four, in “Rosie,” a heartbreaking, underplayed and intensely gripping Roddy Doyle story about modern … Continue reading
Born out of a diptheria outbreak, inspiration for the animated “Balto,” and now this one. Oct. 25 it hits theaters.
An insanely violent C-movie thriller starring a guy in the headlines for divorcing Miley Cyrus? A classic “late August movie,” that’s “Killerman.” It’s about a money launderer (Liam Hemsworth) who rides around New York in a Lincoln Town Car, buying … Continue reading
Next screening? Drug deal gone wrong, a lot of cash and amnesia — Miley Cyrus’s ex Liam Hemsworth is “Killerman”
Sounds like The American Dream. A lot of ill- gotten cash, and no memory of how you got it. And being divorced from Miley? A price we all have to pay, eventually.
Details of the Mouse’s plans to build a “Star Wars” themed hotel have my attention. Characters wandering the corridors. I pop assume vid screen “windows” into space at several points, a PA system of Brit accented villain’s doing announcements. And … Continue reading
BOX OFFICE: “Angel has Fallen” battles “Good Boys” for lead, “Ready Or Not” opens to so-so business, middling word of mouth
The third film in Gerard Butler’s Scots Secret Service Agent “Fallen” series, named for radio code speak for the White House under attack (“Olympus has Fallen”) concludes with what should be a weekend at the top of the box office … Continue reading