Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 2, 2019
Exotic and apt casting, I say. As any Hedy fan knows, she died in relative isolation– media shy, anyway — and one of my first assignments at the Orlando newspaper was to write this fascinating woman’s obituary. Documentaries have come … Continue reading
That darned Shia LaBeouf. Every time he hits the headlines, you’re ready to write him off. Forget how to spell that darned name, he’s done. And every time he picks a winning film project, he writes himself back in again. … Continue reading
We probably don’t need a documentary to remind us that Anton Yelchin was the embodiment of Ferris Bueller, Hollywood’s young tyro of a talent, beloved by all — “a righteous dude.” I remember thinking that when he died back in … Continue reading
Check it out, podcast fans. I did. It’s good, and remember, I worked in public radio, so I know good audio production values when I hear them.
Reviews for the new “Fast & Furious” spinoff were a little better than your average “Fast” film, a tad better than “Lion King” for that matter. Many echoed my own review, that whatever clunkiness the script serves up, dazzling production … Continue reading