Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Movie Review: "Doctor" Downey can't breathe life into "Dolittle"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? No Wayans, no Sandler, but still "Bulletproof 2"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 2, 2019
Exotic and apt casting, I say. As any Hedy fan knows, she died in relative isolation– media shy, anyway — and one of my first assignments at the Orlando newspaper was to write this fascinating woman’s obituary. Documentaries have come … Continue reading
That darned Shia LaBeouf. Every time he hits the headlines, you’re ready to write him off. Forget how to spell that darned name, he’s done. And every time he picks a winning film project, he writes himself back in again. … Continue reading
We probably don’t need a documentary to remind us that Anton Yelchin was the embodiment of Ferris Bueller, Hollywood’s young tyro of a talent, beloved by all — “a righteous dude.” I remember thinking that when he died back in … Continue reading
Check it out, podcast fans. I did. It’s good, and remember, I worked in public radio, so I know good audio production values when I hear them.
Reviews for the new “Fast & Furious” spinoff were a little better than your average “Fast” film, a tad better than “Lion King” for that matter. Many echoed my own review, that whatever clunkiness the script serves up, dazzling production … Continue reading