Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- "Hamilton" vs. "1776" isn't a fair fight, save in one regard
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2019
Contrary to the T-shirt slogan, sometimes finding “your tribe” is just a baby step. The hard work of figuring out how you fit into it, how much of its practices and dogma you embrace, has just begun. “This is Not … Continue reading
Because it’s Mexico City, 1986, as if any gay men of that time and place would confuse the two capitals.
Documentary Review – “Woodstock: Three Days that Defined a Generation” on PBS’s “American Experience”
Your first thought is, “That could never happen today, the country’s too polarized,”and then a montage showing how violently divided America was back then makes you wonder. Watching “Woodstock: Three Days that Defined a Generation” the weekend after another blast … Continue reading