Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2019
The famous writer fixed the critically-acclaimed writer with a look, maybe with a hint of pout and about it. And the critical darling, Virginia Woolf, lured by “her voluptuousness,” if perhaps a tad jealous of her success, of her aristocratic … Continue reading
Box Office: “Good Boys” show up “Booksmart,” “Angry Birds” fade, “Blinded by the Light” left in the dark, “47 Meters” hits its mark
A big Thursday night was the tip off. Universal’s intense multi month marketing campaign for “Good Boys,” hyped by fanboy reviews, had lots of folks in theaters for opening night. A $2 million+ Thursday led to a good Friday and … Continue reading