Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2019
As I write this, there are half a dozen reviews of “Overcomer” posted on the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, even fewer on Metacritic. And I get it. Whatever you say about the films in terms of writing, directing, acting … Continue reading
There isn’t much to “Before You Know It,” but where there is I have to say I absolutely adored. It’s a sisters comedy, one of those “walking and talking New York” tales of mismatched siblings, dysfunctional parents, and the frothy, … Continue reading
Preview, upcoming Disney+ streaming service pulls out all the stops–“The Mandalorian” and Werner Herzog
“Star Wars” finally has the Germanic villain/film icon it has always needed, the great Werner Herzog, a directing icon at the Larry Olivier anything for a buck stage of his near retirement. Nov. 12 Disney takes on Netflix with stuff … Continue reading
The late wit and novelist Gore Vidal once said “Never pass up an opportunity to have sex, or appear on television.” To that I would add “or spend time, in any way, with Jeff Goldblum.” I have interviewed him several … Continue reading
My pre-weekend hunch that Gerard Butler’s “Angel” would far exceed the widely quoted $14-15 million projection for its opening take has proven correct. Box office analysts use tracking data on pre sales of tickets, polling and social media analytics — … Continue reading
Streaming later this year. So that’s a plus. It never ends.