Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The anime sights we'll see, "Weathering with You"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- No more Sir Bedivere, Rest in Peace, Terry Jones
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2019
As I write this, there are half a dozen reviews of “Overcomer” posted on the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, even fewer on Metacritic. And I get it. Whatever you say about the films in terms of writing, directing, acting … Continue reading
There isn’t much to “Before You Know It,” but where there is I have to say I absolutely adored. It’s a sisters comedy, one of those “walking and talking New York” tales of mismatched siblings, dysfunctional parents, and the frothy, … Continue reading
Preview, upcoming Disney+ streaming service pulls out all the stops–“The Mandalorian” and Werner Herzog
“Star Wars” finally has the Germanic villain/film icon it has always needed, the great Werner Herzog, a directing icon at the Larry Olivier anything for a buck stage of his near retirement. Nov. 12 Disney takes on Netflix with stuff … Continue reading
The late wit and novelist Gore Vidal once said “Never pass up an opportunity to have sex, or appear on television.” To that I would add “or spend time, in any way, with Jeff Goldblum.” I have interviewed him several … Continue reading
My pre-weekend hunch that Gerard Butler’s “Angel” would far exceed the widely quoted $14-15 million projection for its opening take has proven correct. Box office analysts use tracking data on pre sales of tickets, polling and social media analytics — … Continue reading
Streaming later this year. So that’s a plus. It never ends.