Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 24, 2019
As I write this, there are half a dozen reviews of “Overcomer” posted on the review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, even fewer on Metacritic. And I get it. Whatever you say about the films in terms of writing, directing, acting … Continue reading
There isn’t much to “Before You Know It,” but where there is I have to say I absolutely adored. It’s a sisters comedy, one of those “walking and talking New York” tales of mismatched siblings, dysfunctional parents, and the frothy, … Continue reading
Preview, upcoming Disney+ streaming service pulls out all the stops–“The Mandalorian” and Werner Herzog
“Star Wars” finally has the Germanic villain/film icon it has always needed, the great Werner Herzog, a directing icon at the Larry Olivier anything for a buck stage of his near retirement. Nov. 12 Disney takes on Netflix with stuff … Continue reading
The late wit and novelist Gore Vidal once said “Never pass up an opportunity to have sex, or appear on television.” To that I would add “or spend time, in any way, with Jeff Goldblum.” I have interviewed him several … Continue reading
My pre-weekend hunch that Gerard Butler’s “Angel” would far exceed the widely quoted $14-15 million projection for its opening take has proven correct. Box office analysts use tracking data on pre sales of tickets, polling and social media analytics — … Continue reading
Streaming later this year. So that’s a plus. It never ends.