Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2019
At the Timicua Arts Foundation in Orlando for a special showing of this new epic 50th anniversary doc. I’ve had an abiding interest in Woodstock, tracking down fans who went and interviewing Baez and Arlo, Levon, Ravi Shankar and Richie … Continue reading
He made it to 94, a long life and a seminal career. From the shape of docs to “reality TV,” it all harks back to cinema veritae, which Pennebaker perfected half a century ago. “The War Room” and “Don’t Look … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and huge Friday have put “Hobbs & Shaw” on track to clear $60 million on its opening weekend. Very good. Not great for a “Fast/Furious” pic, so at least Vin Diesel is thrilled. “Lion King” is … Continue reading
The kids who grew up on TV’s “Dora the Explorer” are in college, now. So selling the pre tween Dora to them in movie form was a non starter. Make Dora more mature. Tween to teen. Turn her into a … Continue reading
Once upon a time, in a much more segregated Hollywood, Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby starred in a buddy comedy about two working Joes who lose a winning lottery ticket while out at an Uptown club. An Odyssey through a … Continue reading
The timing of the indie drama “Light of My Life” has the ring of atonement about it. It stars a recent Oscar winner, Casey Affleck, who also wrote and directed it. But a tiny studio is releasing it. The writer-director-star … Continue reading
Thrashing, hooning, beating transmissions. Putting off desperately needed oil changes…that poor McLaren! From The Onion “Learning that these beautiful cars were subjected to such inhumane working conditions made me sick to my stomach.” https://t.co/TSGYFwcXFj https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1157443965702017024?s=17