Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Movie Review: When "I Still Believe" isn't enough
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 3, 2019
At the Timicua Arts Foundation in Orlando for a special showing of this new epic 50th anniversary doc. I’ve had an abiding interest in Woodstock, tracking down fans who went and interviewing Baez and Arlo, Levon, Ravi Shankar and Richie … Continue reading
He made it to 94, a long life and a seminal career. From the shape of docs to “reality TV,” it all harks back to cinema veritae, which Pennebaker perfected half a century ago. “The War Room” and “Don’t Look … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and huge Friday have put “Hobbs & Shaw” on track to clear $60 million on its opening weekend. Very good. Not great for a “Fast/Furious” pic, so at least Vin Diesel is thrilled. “Lion King” is … Continue reading
The kids who grew up on TV’s “Dora the Explorer” are in college, now. So selling the pre tween Dora to them in movie form was a non starter. Make Dora more mature. Tween to teen. Turn her into a … Continue reading
Once upon a time, in a much more segregated Hollywood, Sidney Poitier and Bill Cosby starred in a buddy comedy about two working Joes who lose a winning lottery ticket while out at an Uptown club. An Odyssey through a … Continue reading
The timing of the indie drama “Light of My Life” has the ring of atonement about it. It stars a recent Oscar winner, Casey Affleck, who also wrote and directed it. But a tiny studio is releasing it. The writer-director-star … Continue reading
Thrashing, hooning, beating transmissions. Putting off desperately needed oil changes…that poor McLaren! From The Onion “Learning that these beautiful cars were subjected to such inhumane working conditions made me sick to my stomach.” https://t.co/TSGYFwcXFj https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1157443965702017024?s=17