Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? In Barcelona, watch out for "The Occupant" who had your swank apartment before you
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
- Netflixable? A Memphis BBQ heir gets into wine in "Uncorked"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 20, 2019
I wonder if Ed Helms has invested his “Hangover” checks wisely? Or his “Office” residuals? Because the stuff I see him in (check out what happens to his character in this Sept. 20 release, “Corporate Animals”) makes me wonder. Isiah … Continue reading
Her rebellion begins with curiosity, which is what brings her to Club Lulu. She makes the leap into full-fledged revolt in the restroom there. Taking off her hijab, shaking out her long, flowing hair, Fatima tells us and the bathroom … Continue reading
Preview, Del Toro and Scott Cooper’s “Antlers” further puts Fox Searchlight into the horror business
“Ready or Not” is a horror film. “Antlers” starring Keri Russell, James Badge Dale, Graham Green, Rory Cochrane and Amy Madigan, and opening next year, is a horror film. Is Disney moving this boutique division from its Fox purchase into … Continue reading
“Ready or Not” is a “Get Out” that doesn’t quite get it, a “Purge” that pulls its most important punches. It’s a horror movie as social satire, about the rich hunting and killing their “inferiors.” You know, similar … Continue reading