Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Landmark Film Review: "The Killing Floor," a classic of Labor and African American cinema, newly restored
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 20, 2019
I wonder if Ed Helms has invested his “Hangover” checks wisely? Or his “Office” residuals? Because the stuff I see him in (check out what happens to his character in this Sept. 20 release, “Corporate Animals”) makes me wonder. Isiah … Continue reading
Her rebellion begins with curiosity, which is what brings her to Club Lulu. She makes the leap into full-fledged revolt in the restroom there. Taking off her hijab, shaking out her long, flowing hair, Fatima tells us and the bathroom … Continue reading
Preview, Del Toro and Scott Cooper’s “Antlers” further puts Fox Searchlight into the horror business
“Ready or Not” is a horror film. “Antlers” starring Keri Russell, James Badge Dale, Graham Green, Rory Cochrane and Amy Madigan, and opening next year, is a horror film. Is Disney moving this boutique division from its Fox purchase into … Continue reading
“Ready or Not” is a “Get Out” that doesn’t quite get it, a “Purge” that pulls its most important punches. It’s a horror movie as social satire, about the rich hunting and killing their “inferiors.” You know, similar … Continue reading