Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 20, 2019
I wonder if Ed Helms has invested his “Hangover” checks wisely? Or his “Office” residuals? Because the stuff I see him in (check out what happens to his character in this Sept. 20 release, “Corporate Animals”) makes me wonder. Isiah … Continue reading
Her rebellion begins with curiosity, which is what brings her to Club Lulu. She makes the leap into full-fledged revolt in the restroom there. Taking off her hijab, shaking out her long, flowing hair, Fatima tells us and the bathroom … Continue reading
Preview, Del Toro and Scott Cooper’s “Antlers” further puts Fox Searchlight into the horror business
“Ready or Not” is a horror film. “Antlers” starring Keri Russell, James Badge Dale, Graham Green, Rory Cochrane and Amy Madigan, and opening next year, is a horror film. Is Disney moving this boutique division from its Fox purchase into … Continue reading
“Ready or Not” is a “Get Out” that doesn’t quite get it, a “Purge” that pulls its most important punches. It’s a horror movie as social satire, about the rich hunting and killing their “inferiors.” You know, similar … Continue reading