Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Netflixable? Jason Momoa all sugar-buzzed and ready for "Slumberland"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 20, 2019
I wonder if Ed Helms has invested his “Hangover” checks wisely? Or his “Office” residuals? Because the stuff I see him in (check out what happens to his character in this Sept. 20 release, “Corporate Animals”) makes me wonder. Isiah … Continue reading
Her rebellion begins with curiosity, which is what brings her to Club Lulu. She makes the leap into full-fledged revolt in the restroom there. Taking off her hijab, shaking out her long, flowing hair, Fatima tells us and the bathroom … Continue reading
Preview, Del Toro and Scott Cooper’s “Antlers” further puts Fox Searchlight into the horror business
“Ready or Not” is a horror film. “Antlers” starring Keri Russell, James Badge Dale, Graham Green, Rory Cochrane and Amy Madigan, and opening next year, is a horror film. Is Disney moving this boutique division from its Fox purchase into … Continue reading
“Ready or Not” is a “Get Out” that doesn’t quite get it, a “Purge” that pulls its most important punches. It’s a horror movie as social satire, about the rich hunting and killing their “inferiors.” You know, similar … Continue reading