Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 20, 2019
I wonder if Ed Helms has invested his “Hangover” checks wisely? Or his “Office” residuals? Because the stuff I see him in (check out what happens to his character in this Sept. 20 release, “Corporate Animals”) makes me wonder. Isiah … Continue reading
Her rebellion begins with curiosity, which is what brings her to Club Lulu. She makes the leap into full-fledged revolt in the restroom there. Taking off her hijab, shaking out her long, flowing hair, Fatima tells us and the bathroom … Continue reading
Preview, Del Toro and Scott Cooper’s “Antlers” further puts Fox Searchlight into the horror business
“Ready or Not” is a horror film. “Antlers” starring Keri Russell, James Badge Dale, Graham Green, Rory Cochrane and Amy Madigan, and opening next year, is a horror film. Is Disney moving this boutique division from its Fox purchase into … Continue reading
“Ready or Not” is a “Get Out” that doesn’t quite get it, a “Purge” that pulls its most important punches. It’s a horror movie as social satire, about the rich hunting and killing their “inferiors.” You know, similar … Continue reading