Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Addicted to devices, our health and our democracy imperiled -- "The Social Dilemma"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2019
Feel free to sing along.
Lionsgate has a holiday movie that features Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie Think anybody will show up for this? Should’ve gotten Russell Crowe to play sexual harasser news chief Roger Ailes. He’s good at it.
There are several common problems that come with the territory when a challenging film from abroad is remade and given “a Hollywood ending.” The remake is inevitably neat and pat, some nuance is lost as the remaking filmmaker seems in … Continue reading
This look more conventional than the film the first trailer promised. We are a month from finding out the truth.
“Ms. Purple” isn’t a movie you review. It’s a character study you put on the psychoanalyst’s couch. Justin Chon’s tender, intimate followup to his bracing, gritty and sometimes funny “Gook” shows us the shattered remains of a Koreatown family and … Continue reading
They bought Fox so they could retire the X-Men and revive them under their own banner. They own the box office like no studio that has come before. And they are plainly irked at goosing Sony’s Spider-Man in Avengers movies … Continue reading
He keeps putting in the effort, giving us fair value in his action franchse long past the point when he or any of us should care anymore. These Secret Service super agent code name movies — “Olympus has Fallen,” “London … Continue reading