Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2019
Feel free to sing along.
Lionsgate has a holiday movie that features Charlize Theron, Nicole Kidman and Margot Robbie Think anybody will show up for this? Should’ve gotten Russell Crowe to play sexual harasser news chief Roger Ailes. He’s good at it.
There are several common problems that come with the territory when a challenging film from abroad is remade and given “a Hollywood ending.” The remake is inevitably neat and pat, some nuance is lost as the remaking filmmaker seems in … Continue reading
This look more conventional than the film the first trailer promised. We are a month from finding out the truth.
“Ms. Purple” isn’t a movie you review. It’s a character study you put on the psychoanalyst’s couch. Justin Chon’s tender, intimate followup to his bracing, gritty and sometimes funny “Gook” shows us the shattered remains of a Koreatown family and … Continue reading
They bought Fox so they could retire the X-Men and revive them under their own banner. They own the box office like no studio that has come before. And they are plainly irked at goosing Sony’s Spider-Man in Avengers movies … Continue reading
He keeps putting in the effort, giving us fair value in his action franchse long past the point when he or any of us should care anymore. These Secret Service super agent code name movies — “Olympus has Fallen,” “London … Continue reading