Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 5, 2019
Whatever virtues it displayed on the printed page, “The Art of Racing in the Rain” makes a movie of modest, melodramatic pleasures, mainly homey aphorisms about motor racing and the hidden life of dogs. As these are growled out by … Continue reading
The opening to “Dora and the Lost City of Gold” will give anybody who parented in the early 2000s flashbacks, and any kid who grew up then the warm fuzzies. We’re treated to that catchy theme song, a real-not-animated little … Continue reading
It’s like panning for gold, this business of rummaging through a summer’s indie releases, looking for a nugget in a cinema season that produces blockbusters, and little else. But here’s one. “Every Time I Die” is the best no-budget thriller … Continue reading
An August period piece crime gang wars thriller? That’s good counter programming, I say. Good trip of leading ladies && Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish and Elisabeth Moss. A woman directed it, so Domhnall Gleeson is the potential underworld love interest. … Continue reading
This has 4chan/incel insensate corner of horror fandom written all over it. Torture porn? Monstrous male Hunter/killers going after women, one at a time, until the womenwork together? That’s the sales pitch for “The Furies,” at least in this trailer.