Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 5, 2019
Whatever virtues it displayed on the printed page, “The Art of Racing in the Rain” makes a movie of modest, melodramatic pleasures, mainly homey aphorisms about motor racing and the hidden life of dogs. As these are growled out by … Continue reading
The opening to “Dora and the Lost City of Gold” will give anybody who parented in the early 2000s flashbacks, and any kid who grew up then the warm fuzzies. We’re treated to that catchy theme song, a real-not-animated little … Continue reading
It’s like panning for gold, this business of rummaging through a summer’s indie releases, looking for a nugget in a cinema season that produces blockbusters, and little else. But here’s one. “Every Time I Die” is the best no-budget thriller … Continue reading
An August period piece crime gang wars thriller? That’s good counter programming, I say. Good trip of leading ladies && Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish and Elisabeth Moss. A woman directed it, so Domhnall Gleeson is the potential underworld love interest. … Continue reading
This has 4chan/incel insensate corner of horror fandom written all over it. Torture porn? Monstrous male Hunter/killers going after women, one at a time, until the womenwork together? That’s the sales pitch for “The Furies,” at least in this trailer.