Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 5, 2019
Whatever virtues it displayed on the printed page, “The Art of Racing in the Rain” makes a movie of modest, melodramatic pleasures, mainly homey aphorisms about motor racing and the hidden life of dogs. As these are growled out by … Continue reading
The opening to “Dora and the Lost City of Gold” will give anybody who parented in the early 2000s flashbacks, and any kid who grew up then the warm fuzzies. We’re treated to that catchy theme song, a real-not-animated little … Continue reading
It’s like panning for gold, this business of rummaging through a summer’s indie releases, looking for a nugget in a cinema season that produces blockbusters, and little else. But here’s one. “Every Time I Die” is the best no-budget thriller … Continue reading
An August period piece crime gang wars thriller? That’s good counter programming, I say. Good trip of leading ladies && Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish and Elisabeth Moss. A woman directed it, so Domhnall Gleeson is the potential underworld love interest. … Continue reading
This has 4chan/incel insensate corner of horror fandom written all over it. Torture porn? Monstrous male Hunter/killers going after women, one at a time, until the womenwork together? That’s the sales pitch for “The Furies,” at least in this trailer.