Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2019
“Honeyland” is an elegiac and gloriously photogenic tragedy, an environmental parable played out in striking images and stark lessons in the high desert of northern Macedonia. Filmmakers Tamara Kotevska and Ljubomir Stefanov utterly immersed themselves in the ruins of a … Continue reading
You might think FX would be giving the “American Crime Story” treatment to Watergate. Nooo, they’re much more interested in Monica Lewnsky and Clinton. Amazon is prepping its own election year drama. From Variety. “Chris Pine to play Nixon lawyer … Continue reading
Fox Searchlight has this comic thriller about murderous hide and go seek among the inbred rich. So “Ready of Not” stands as the last summer movie we’re allowed to have modest hopes for. It opens Friday. And fess up, on … Continue reading
An up-against-it disc jockey tries to raise money via a “staying awake the longest” record. His marriage could be over. His career is hanging by a thread. And there’s this murderous nut calling in and threatening to kill him if … Continue reading
A 2020 release in the “Neptune Factor” vein. Trapped. SEVEN MILES DOWN.
Finally getting around to one of the most acclaimed documentaries of the summer. A story of “The last female beehunter in Europe.” Not science fiction. A doc.
You have to figure the mid-range budget thriller “The Hunt,” is not a movie Universal is going to simply eat because the Far Right fears its “The rich are killing us for sport” messaging. It will wind up somewhere on … Continue reading
One more reason I don’t take episodic TV seriously… “Ben Wheatley Developing Zombie Pensioner Satire ‘Generation Z’ for TV” https://t.co/qtbQBX3Pij https://t.co/dMI0xjcQOG https://twitter.com/THR/status/1163372835525599242?s=17