Josh Trank of “Chronicle” is slated to direct Fox’s reboot of the comic book franchise “The Fantastic Four.” Simon Kinberg (“Sherlock Holmes”) is rewriting the script and collecting a producer credit as he does.
I was never one of those who beat up the first version of this franchise. The films were under-performers largely because they were kid-friendly. The casting was decent, the tone was light, but that’s not what the fanboys want so the films took a beating and whimpered off into the cinematic sunset.
Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: "Hot for teacher" is no longer "cute in "Scarborough," or anywhere else
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review