Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Movie Review: Comrades fight to honor the ultimate sacrifice in "The Last Full Measure"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
Find a Movie Review
Monthly Archives: May 2013
The razzle dazzles but the smoke never quite hides the mirrors in “Now You See Me,” a super-slick new magicians’ heist picture that demonstrates, once again, how tough it is to make “magic” as a movie subject work. A medium … Continue reading
Truth be told, “After Earth” wouldn’t exist had Will Smith not cooked it up as yet another star vehicle for his son, Jaden. But since buying your kid a movie credit is a tradition that dates back to the beginnings … Continue reading
Looks very Harry Potter-like, more than the first “Percy Jackson.” Logan Lerman returns, Stanley Tucci, Missi Pyle, Sean Bean. Adding Nathan Fillion as Hermes is a nice touch. “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters” opens August 7.
The “Smash” star is signing up to do a film b the “Mystic River” author, a tale of women who kill someone they think is a murderer, only to wear the guilt and suffer the life-changing consequences of their depraved … Continue reading
“Man of Steel” isn’t even in theaters, but Henry Cavill’s peeps aren’t waiting for the reviews and box office to impact their man’s quote. They’re going after “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.,” the TV-show based action piece Guy Ritchie is set … Continue reading
After “Before Sunrise,” and beyond “Before Sunset,” Richard Linklater lets us catch up with Julie and Ethan, eighteen years into their relationship, on vacation in a marriage that is still cute and chatty as all get out, but maybe showing … Continue reading
The school year hasn’t gone well — assignments missed, opportunities to ask out that “special girl” botched. And for Joe Toy (Nick Robinson), the summer ahead doesn’t look much better. He shares a house with his had-enough-of-your-nonsense widowed dad (Nick … Continue reading
Here’s a good warm up act for the big budget Tom Hanks film, “Captain Phillips,” about the hijacking and rescue of the crew of the Maersk Alabama. “A Hijacking” promises to be a more straightforward account of a hijacking — … Continue reading
Brit Marling, who played a cult leader claiming to be a prophetess from the future in “Sound of My Voice,” takes a look at the other side of the equation in “The East,” an audacious thriller about a cultish gang … Continue reading