Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 27, 2013
A Weinstein Co. release, this 2014 film co-stars Tim Roth as Prince Ranier and purports to cover their romance and lives into the early 60s in the principality of Monaco. Hitchcock, Maria Callas and Onassis also figure in the film, … Continue reading
It’s about global warming deniers. No, not the rubes who only recently realized that whatever Fox News was serving up on the subject was utter bull and saw the light — after their house was washed away by Sandy, burnt … Continue reading
Here’s a fascinating piece of history that escaped much of the world’s notice, when it happened back in 1988. That’s the year that international pressure finally caused the military dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet to hold an election in Chile, the … Continue reading
The diminutive Broadway/TV star Kristin Chenoweth was full of love for EVERYbody on the red carpet Oscar night, anchoring the red carpet “Who are you wearing?” silliness, looking way up at pretty much every star she waved a microphone at. … Continue reading
That was the allegation of a lawsuit filed by those who put the film into production, a suit they filed a year before the film — rewritten and reshot to death — a year before it went into release. Brian … Continue reading