Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 27, 2013
A Weinstein Co. release, this 2014 film co-stars Tim Roth as Prince Ranier and purports to cover their romance and lives into the early 60s in the principality of Monaco. Hitchcock, Maria Callas and Onassis also figure in the film, … Continue reading
It’s about global warming deniers. No, not the rubes who only recently realized that whatever Fox News was serving up on the subject was utter bull and saw the light — after their house was washed away by Sandy, burnt … Continue reading
Here’s a fascinating piece of history that escaped much of the world’s notice, when it happened back in 1988. That’s the year that international pressure finally caused the military dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet to hold an election in Chile, the … Continue reading
The diminutive Broadway/TV star Kristin Chenoweth was full of love for EVERYbody on the red carpet Oscar night, anchoring the red carpet “Who are you wearing?” silliness, looking way up at pretty much every star she waved a microphone at. … Continue reading
That was the allegation of a lawsuit filed by those who put the film into production, a suit they filed a year before the film — rewritten and reshot to death — a year before it went into release. Brian … Continue reading