Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Netflixable? Thai College Kids go "Deep" in search of no sleep
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 22, 2013
We used to hear apocryphal stories like this up in Alaska — usually involving lap dogs. An eagle, in town for the salmon runs (I lived in Kodiak, salmon runs and round the clock fish canneries were a draw), swooped … Continue reading
It’s Oscar weekend, and no, none of the Oscar contenders expects to be in the top five when the dust has settled on all the moviegoing this Feb. 22-24. Will “Identity Thief” have enough oomph to clear the finish line … Continue reading
A movie about hunger in America that also reveals the source of the obesity epidemic (subsidized, universally available super-cheap corn/soy/wheat “product” junk foods), “A Place at the Table” might cause a stir when it hits theaters next month. I’m talking … Continue reading
Yeah, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens are ALL hot and bothered to finishing growing up — and take on the violent and scantily-clad roles of young adulthood. This is getting an awful lot of hype for a movie that a … Continue reading
“Snitch” had the makings of another junky action hero shoot-em up/punch-em up. Most critics, myself included, were pleasantly surprised, or at least a little impressed by Dwayne Johnson holding his own with a pretty good supporting cast in a very … Continue reading