Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Clint Eastwood's version of the tragedy of "Richard Jewell"
- Netflixable? Is any "Marriage Story" honestly like this?
- Movie Review: A step to down to "Jumanji: The Next Level"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Documentary Review: Surfing twins take on the world and the big waves, "And Two if By Sea: The Hobgood Brothers"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 22, 2013
We used to hear apocryphal stories like this up in Alaska — usually involving lap dogs. An eagle, in town for the salmon runs (I lived in Kodiak, salmon runs and round the clock fish canneries were a draw), swooped … Continue reading
It’s Oscar weekend, and no, none of the Oscar contenders expects to be in the top five when the dust has settled on all the moviegoing this Feb. 22-24. Will “Identity Thief” have enough oomph to clear the finish line … Continue reading
A movie about hunger in America that also reveals the source of the obesity epidemic (subsidized, universally available super-cheap corn/soy/wheat “product” junk foods), “A Place at the Table” might cause a stir when it hits theaters next month. I’m talking … Continue reading
Yeah, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens are ALL hot and bothered to finishing growing up — and take on the violent and scantily-clad roles of young adulthood. This is getting an awful lot of hype for a movie that a … Continue reading
“Snitch” had the makings of another junky action hero shoot-em up/punch-em up. Most critics, myself included, were pleasantly surprised, or at least a little impressed by Dwayne Johnson holding his own with a pretty good supporting cast in a very … Continue reading