Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Series Review: A very different trip to "The Mosquito Coast"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- "Save Ralph" aims to turn the tide against animal testing -- with Taika Waititi, Ricky Gervais and Olivia Munn and animation
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Movie Review: Eckhart is prone to "Wander" in this conspiracy thriller
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 22, 2013
We used to hear apocryphal stories like this up in Alaska — usually involving lap dogs. An eagle, in town for the salmon runs (I lived in Kodiak, salmon runs and round the clock fish canneries were a draw), swooped … Continue reading
It’s Oscar weekend, and no, none of the Oscar contenders expects to be in the top five when the dust has settled on all the moviegoing this Feb. 22-24. Will “Identity Thief” have enough oomph to clear the finish line … Continue reading
A movie about hunger in America that also reveals the source of the obesity epidemic (subsidized, universally available super-cheap corn/soy/wheat “product” junk foods), “A Place at the Table” might cause a stir when it hits theaters next month. I’m talking … Continue reading
Yeah, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens are ALL hot and bothered to finishing growing up — and take on the violent and scantily-clad roles of young adulthood. This is getting an awful lot of hype for a movie that a … Continue reading
“Snitch” had the makings of another junky action hero shoot-em up/punch-em up. Most critics, myself included, were pleasantly surprised, or at least a little impressed by Dwayne Johnson holding his own with a pretty good supporting cast in a very … Continue reading