Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 28, 2013
Ashley Bell is back. And nobody involved apparently is familiar with the meaning of “Last,” because she’s still in need of exorcising. Imagine running across this in Mardi Gras. Yes, the setting has moved to New Orleans. No, this image … Continue reading
The “Cars”-ish cartoon “Planes” is due out in August, a bit late in the summer for a cartoon of any sort to have maximum money-making potential. And now Disney (not Pixar, which was responsible for “Cars”) has re-cast the lead … Continue reading
What might one need if one finds oneself on the lam from The Sweeney, the Flying Squad of coppers in the new film from Olde England? A pack of biscuits, a Cockney rhyming dictionary set of flashcards, thumb cuffs/keychains, and … Continue reading
James Wan’s “based on a true story” is a haunted house/spooked family tale starring Lili Taylor, Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga. This trailer is chilling, in an utterly conventional way — strange noises, children giggling, spooky destruction of family photos, … Continue reading
Sometimes, a documentary is more than a non-fiction film. Sometimes it becomes a cause. That was the idea behind the film “Bully” last year, a movie that tapped into a national movement, a national conversation about bullying. And somewhere in … Continue reading
Warner Brothers is in the Bradley Cooper business for a remake of the biggest German hit of 2011. “Kokowaah” is about two pals who have to deal with the unsettling news that one is actually the real father of the … Continue reading
Johnny Depp had been “circling,” as they say, the film project about notorious Boston mobster, the long on the lam Whitey Bulger. “Black Mass” it is titled. And now THR says he’s doing it. Shooting it later this year. Barry … Continue reading
I’ll be joining Mike Bianchi on his sports talk show, “Open Mike,” to chat about “Phantom,” a passable Cold War submarine thriller, and “21 and Over,” a college Hangover written and directed by the guys who wrote “The Hangover.” … Continue reading