Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 24, 2013
“Stoker” begins and ends with an 18 year-old girl. That is the film’s allure – and not just for audiences. It’s what drew Korean director Chan-Wook Park (“Oldboy”) to make this his Hollywood debut. “My daughter is 18 years-old,” Park … Continue reading
“A Good Day to Die Hard” fell hard. “Escape from Planet Earth” held up quite well. “Safe Haven” didn’t plummet and “Dark Skies” didn’t clear $8.5 million. It’s Oscar weekend, traditionally a weak one for movie releases. So “Identity Thief” … Continue reading
Last night, the night before the Oscars, The Golden Raspberry Awards were tossed out. And they dishonored the finale in the “Twilight” sagalike there’s no tomorrow. Which is today, which is Oscar night. Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner and director Bill … Continue reading
“Silver Linings Playbook” won best picture, actress, director and screenwriter honors at the annual Anti-Oscars, the Independent Spirit Awards, handed out Saturday night in Los Angeles. “The Sessions” won best supporting actress (Helen Hunt) and best actor (John Hawkes) honors. … Continue reading
America’s twin ills, the swollen ranks of hungry people in the country and the national “obesity epidemic” are explained, in blunt and poignant terms, in “A Place at the Table,” a new documentary about “food politics” and the forces that … Continue reading