Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Don't Worry Darling," it'll all be over soon
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Smart House/Murder Mansion, "Margaux"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 20, 2013
Mortimer plays the mother of a famous sculptor, a woman “ahead of her time” because — she sleeps with a married Japanese man, becomes pregnant and follows him back to Nippon? Can’t really tell from the trailer. The movie is … Continue reading
At the end of a chat about her new film, “Stoker,” which opens in early March, I asked Mia Wasikowska about two upcoming films on her IMDb dosier — “Madame Bovary,” an adaptation of the classic Flaubert novel, and “Tracks,” … Continue reading
Producer/director J.J. Abrams has brought back “Star Trek/TOS” villains the Klingons. Again. He had to edit them out of his reboot of the sci-fi franchise. So he’s given them a central presence in the new film,“Star Trek Into Darkness.” So, … Continue reading
“Silver Linings Playbook,” a November release that picked up steam after landing some of the biggest and bestest Oscar nominations, will finally clear $100 million today. And “Identity Thief,” which opened to weak reviews and a big fat controversy a … Continue reading
It’s seemed over for weeks now. But is it? The 85th Annual Academy Awards will go to “Argo,” Jennifer Lawrence (“Silver Linings Playbook”), Daniel Day-Lewis (“Lincoln”), Anne Hathaway (“Les Miserables”) and Tommy Lee Jones (“Lincoln”), right? All the pre-Oscar hoopla, … Continue reading
“Mirror Mirror.” Those three films collected the big cinematic prizes at the annual awards that the Costume Designers Guild hands out for the best in costuming on the big screen and small. “Downton Abbey”? Naturally. “Anna Karenina”? Yeah, nobody saw … Continue reading
A little Danish, a little Italian, a little Pierce Brosnan dealing with nicer people than him — including a cute cancer survivor mother of the bride — at his son’s wedding in Italy. Doesn’t sound like a Susanne Bier (“Ina … Continue reading
It takes forever to get going, and lollygags along even after that. As a businessman scrambling to find a way to get his son’s Federal prison sentence cut, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has to play fear, tough love, pity and … Continue reading