Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 15, 2013
I’ve seen the trailer to this, know a bit about the history. And as always, I’m intrigued by the idea of Tommy Lee Jones tackling a larger than life figure from history. I re-watched “Cobb,” the other day. He was … Continue reading
If you’re a parent, chances are you’ve seen worse animated films than “Escape from Planet Earth.” Mostly, one might add, from the same studio that released this one. But “Earth” is something of a giant – OK, mini-giant – leap … Continue reading
“Safe Haven,” poor reviews or no, did quite well on Valentine’s Day. Romance novelist Nic Sparks’ adaptation pulled in over $9 million. “A Good Day to Die Hard” was second, with over $8. It may have earned $40-50 million by … Continue reading
The Weinstein Co., too poor to preview its movies for critics any more, has a pitiful record in animation. “Hoodwinked” was sort of a high water mark. So why throw good money after bad letting critics see it? “Escape from … Continue reading
That’s Wilson and Vaughn. They play 40somethings, newly laid off, interns an Internet start-up where their bosses are in their 20s. And apparently, don’t know what they’re in for. Good to see Vince back riding the Red Bull. “The Internship,” … Continue reading