Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 15, 2013
I’ve seen the trailer to this, know a bit about the history. And as always, I’m intrigued by the idea of Tommy Lee Jones tackling a larger than life figure from history. I re-watched “Cobb,” the other day. He was … Continue reading
If you’re a parent, chances are you’ve seen worse animated films than “Escape from Planet Earth.” Mostly, one might add, from the same studio that released this one. But “Earth” is something of a giant – OK, mini-giant – leap … Continue reading
“Safe Haven,” poor reviews or no, did quite well on Valentine’s Day. Romance novelist Nic Sparks’ adaptation pulled in over $9 million. “A Good Day to Die Hard” was second, with over $8. It may have earned $40-50 million by … Continue reading
The Weinstein Co., too poor to preview its movies for critics any more, has a pitiful record in animation. “Hoodwinked” was sort of a high water mark. So why throw good money after bad letting critics see it? “Escape from … Continue reading
That’s Wilson and Vaughn. They play 40somethings, newly laid off, interns an Internet start-up where their bosses are in their 20s. And apparently, don’t know what they’re in for. Good to see Vince back riding the Red Bull. “The Internship,” … Continue reading