Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 16, 2013
More whiz bang than the first, but what looks for the world like all too generic sci-fi post-apocalypse “The Man is trying to kill Mankind” stuff. Morgan Freeman, smoking a pipe. Does this feel like another chunk of the Cruise … Continue reading
Jeremy Renner and Christian Bale are also on board David O. Russell’s followup to “Silver Linings Playbook.” Jennifer Lawrence is the betting man’s favorite for the Best actress Oscar for that film, so why not re-team with Cooper and Russell … Continue reading
Joy Bryant, Regina Hall, Michael Ealy and Kevin Hart star in an updated “About Last Night,” based on the David Mamet play that was filmed in the ’80s with Rob Lowe, Elizabeth Perkins, Demi Moore and Jim Belushi. This is … Continue reading
Keri Russell’s “comeback year” has the feel of a reinvention, a re-branding of the dainty young lovely who burst on the scene with “Felicity” back in the last century. But as different as her flinty mom in the new film … Continue reading
“Safe Haven” took the Valentine’s Day sprint, “A Good Day to Die Hard” may win the long weekend ahead — a $37-$35 win, if Deadline.com is right. “Escape from Planet Earth,” a pretty but pretty much laugh free kids’ toon … Continue reading