Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 16, 2013
More whiz bang than the first, but what looks for the world like all too generic sci-fi post-apocalypse “The Man is trying to kill Mankind” stuff. Morgan Freeman, smoking a pipe. Does this feel like another chunk of the Cruise … Continue reading
Jeremy Renner and Christian Bale are also on board David O. Russell’s followup to “Silver Linings Playbook.” Jennifer Lawrence is the betting man’s favorite for the Best actress Oscar for that film, so why not re-team with Cooper and Russell … Continue reading
Joy Bryant, Regina Hall, Michael Ealy and Kevin Hart star in an updated “About Last Night,” based on the David Mamet play that was filmed in the ’80s with Rob Lowe, Elizabeth Perkins, Demi Moore and Jim Belushi. This is … Continue reading
Keri Russell’s “comeback year” has the feel of a reinvention, a re-branding of the dainty young lovely who burst on the scene with “Felicity” back in the last century. But as different as her flinty mom in the new film … Continue reading
“Safe Haven” took the Valentine’s Day sprint, “A Good Day to Die Hard” may win the long weekend ahead — a $37-$35 win, if Deadline.com is right. “Escape from Planet Earth,” a pretty but pretty much laugh free kids’ toon … Continue reading