Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- Binge Worthy? Blanchett leads us to the "conservative revolution" as Phyllis Schlafly, "Mrs. America"
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Coffee & Kareem" is an alltime "Netflix Original" low
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Movie Review: Mrs. Maisel's Brosnahan heralds "Change in the Air"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 16, 2013
More whiz bang than the first, but what looks for the world like all too generic sci-fi post-apocalypse “The Man is trying to kill Mankind” stuff. Morgan Freeman, smoking a pipe. Does this feel like another chunk of the Cruise … Continue reading
Jeremy Renner and Christian Bale are also on board David O. Russell’s followup to “Silver Linings Playbook.” Jennifer Lawrence is the betting man’s favorite for the Best actress Oscar for that film, so why not re-team with Cooper and Russell … Continue reading
Joy Bryant, Regina Hall, Michael Ealy and Kevin Hart star in an updated “About Last Night,” based on the David Mamet play that was filmed in the ’80s with Rob Lowe, Elizabeth Perkins, Demi Moore and Jim Belushi. This is … Continue reading
Keri Russell’s “comeback year” has the feel of a reinvention, a re-branding of the dainty young lovely who burst on the scene with “Felicity” back in the last century. But as different as her flinty mom in the new film … Continue reading
“Safe Haven” took the Valentine’s Day sprint, “A Good Day to Die Hard” may win the long weekend ahead — a $37-$35 win, if Deadline.com is right. “Escape from Planet Earth,” a pretty but pretty much laugh free kids’ toon … Continue reading