Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 19, 2013
MIAMI – Miriam Colon has one of those faces you know, even if you’ve never caught her name in the credits. She’s been in films and on TV since the mid-50s – from “Have Gun – Will Travel” to “Law … Continue reading
It has looked as though things were over for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson several times over the years. He’d have a run as action hero, string together some flops, seem on the way to Van Damme Land. You start … Continue reading
Toss another 513 screens into the control of Regal Cinemas. One of the movie exhibition biz’s Big Two (the other is the Chinese owned AMC Cinemas), Regal bought out Hollywood, which runs theaters all over the country, a few in … Continue reading
Here’s the red band trailer to “Trance,” with James McAvcoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel. A painting theft goes wrong. Betrayals, torture, threats and hynotism play into the plot. A little disturbing? I’d say so. It goes into limited release … Continue reading