Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 19, 2013
Interview: Miriam Colon, a familiar face has a moment in the spotlight in “Bless Me, Ultima”
MIAMI – Miriam Colon has one of those faces you know, even if you’ve never caught her name in the credits. She’s been in films and on TV since the mid-50s – from “Have Gun – Will Travel” to “Law … Continue reading
Tonight’s screening — “Snitch”
It has looked as though things were over for Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson several times over the years. He’d have a run as action hero, string together some flops, seem on the way to Van Damme Land. You start … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Tonight’s screening — “Snitch”
Regal buys Hollywood Theaters chain
Toss another 513 screens into the control of Regal Cinemas. One of the movie exhibition biz’s Big Two (the other is the Chinese owned AMC Cinemas), Regal bought out Hollywood, which runs theaters all over the country, a few in … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Regal buys Hollywood Theaters chain
Movie Preview: Danny Boyle’s surreal heist-gone-wrong thriller, “Trance”
Here’s the red band trailer to “Trance,” with James McAvcoy, Rosario Dawson and Vincent Cassel. A painting theft goes wrong. Betrayals, torture, threats and hynotism play into the plot. A little disturbing? I’d say so. It goes into limited release … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Danny Boyle’s surreal heist-gone-wrong thriller, “Trance”
Movie Review: “Bless Me, Ultima”
“Bless Me, Ultima,” the film based on Rudolfo Anaya’s landmark Chicano novel, is a meticulously observed time capsule, a vivid recreation of a self-contained world of Mexican-Americans in 1944 New Mexico. It’s a coming of age picture with a touch … Continue reading